Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE - I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed not to be reading a story about a crazy kitchen mishap based on your headline...  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

LOL   Nah, I seen this on Inside Edition and thought it was strange after all these yrs. Tupperware has made a big comeback !

Regular Contributor

My Tupperware is outlasting L&L. I have so much L&L that I have never used and I'm glad to say I have not bought any except the Christmas canisters in a long time. I do have the first L&L I've bought and they work great but in the past few years, the workmanship is lousy!! Sometimes I can't even get the lip to fit. They pit, stain more than they use to and the price has really gone up a lot!!

I'm going back to Tupperware!!!

I sent this message from the last living brain cell I have.
Honored Contributor

This thread is over a year old, but it was interesting nonetheless since I don't think I saw it the first go-round.

One thing I've observed about TW is that it is just not made like it used to be.   I have a few pieces that are probably 10 years or younger and two of them literally blew up (that's why the thread title caught my attention) in the top rack of the dishwasher.

Pieces just blew out of the middle!  Odd, that.

At any rate, I find Lock & Lock to be a much better product.  They actually ARE airtight and some liquidtight.  I figured that out with TW many years ago when I would 'burp' a piece, to where you see the seal is a bit concave.  Then I'd see it a little later and that concavity would be gone, indicating to me that it was NOT airtight after all, hence air was going in and out of the container after I "sealed" it.

But the exploding thing is new - to me, anyway.   A number of years ago I tried to contact them about getting something replaced (not one of the ones that exploded) and I never heard back.

When I worked with them, some 40 years ago, customer service was good.