Honored Contributor

Today, Oct 29th Inside Edition did a little piece on them. Caught my eye since back in my day, the day of dinosaurs (LOL) we saw a lot of it.

Women came around selling it, etc. Bought back memories.

I bought a few pieces this yr before this corona horror started and a person could actually go to a open air market sales flea market.

Spent 50. No shipping, no waiting. I hate both. LOL

Respected Contributor

I have a few good pieces I like but mostly lock n lock.  I am crazy about it.

Occasional Contributor

I have ALOT of Tupperware, and have accumulated so much over the years.  I use all of it.  Could not be without it!  The replacement guarantee has won me over. No Rubbermaid product will be replaced if it cracks or peels.   Love me my Tupperware! 

Honored Contributor

@Love_to_read 

To bad my name is on this tag when I saw your user name I thought of this tag. LOL

1#atag6.jpg

Honored Contributor

I watch this one show that has what companies are hot, and it listed Tupperware as going through the roof!  Huh?  My sister and I were just discussing this a couple of weeks ago and we both said -- do they even make it any more?  Neither of us had heard  the name mentioned in years.  I said - probably not -- because you can get so many other plastic containers much cheaper in the stores.  I guess we were wrong!  

Maybe they are popular again because of people being at home more and cooking more and then using them for leftovers, etc.??? 

Back in the day, we were constantly going to Tupperware parties!  That stuff is not cheap either.  The last time I moved, I gave away most of mine as I didn't need it and it took up a lot of room.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

I still have some Tupperware from the 70s - I love it but just like odd socks - I wonder where half my lids are??? 

Respected Contributor

My grandma gave me a small set it the 70’s for my hope chest.  Three bowls (maybe 2.5 cups)  Every time I want to toss them, I think of her, and back in the cupboard they go.  I never heated in them, so they are still in perfect shape.  Shades of orange, gold and yellow.  I just can’t part with them. 

I also have two huge bowls from the 90’s.  Still use the biggest one for summer picnics.  It’s great for pasta salad or a huge tossed salad.  

Respected Contributor

Re: Tupperware explosion

[ Edited ]

I have two sets of Tupperware soup mugs and tumblers that are well over twenty years old. I still use my 4 sets of nesting measuring cups. 
But everything else was tossed when I started buying Lock&Lock. 

Valued Contributor

I sold all of my tupperware at yard sales.  The only new ones I've bought are their spice containers.  I love the way you can use both ends of the lid, one for shaking and one for measuring.  But with that said, I love the Lock and Lock spice containers, too.

Regular Contributor

Just gave away 3 huge trash bags full of tupperware. 

I have enough Lock & Lock to last 3 generations!! Smiley LOL

I sent this message from the last living brain cell I have.