Honored Contributor

As always David put out his FB post to "remind" viewers to join him & Ali for 2 big hours....

What this translate to, IMO

Join us for 1 hour during the show TSV then see 1-3 items and you'll see it again!

The shows are getting shorter and shorter☹️☹️

Esteemed Contributor

Guess it'll be one hour  big wine drinking event.    Host can't eat - but drinking is permitted.  Go figure that one.....................(hick-up)

And Brian, the vendor, is always more than 'happy' to join them. Hmmm

Esteemed Contributor

It looks like they might have a "Cookbook Corner" segment with Marcus Samuelsson and his latest book; if they do, that would be a great break from all the wine-ing...  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Re: Tonight's ITKWD

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc 

Another Food Network "celebrity chef"🙄.  Plus, I see Mary D appeared on "The Kitchen" Saturday.  (Maybe, QVC is part of the Scripps Network).

I consider you my QVC "insider" so here's my ?:

In the beginning of the pandemic Geoffrey Zacharian aka "GZ"was "skyping" n from his tuscan style kitchen in his NY home.  Have you noticed he is now skyping from a "white modern kitchen" yet the hosts say "from his home".

And I've noticed this with other vendors,ie, Marie Louise, Mark Charles ...

Do you think now they've moved to "offsite" studio kitchens?  Or other "offsite" studios for other vendors too?  

I only watch ITKWD and the VPH shows live~

Just curious -- thank you🙂🙂

Contributor

An hour devoted to the TSV in a 2 hour show. A bit much. A fifteen minute time spot would have been sufficient. I didn't watch it.  I just came back time and again to check and see if the wine was off air.  Maybe it's just me, but I found it pretty boring. I guess if it was the first time you saw the wine tsv, it would have been okay. Don't mind me, just sounding off.Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@CookieC25 

yup I agree!,

Show started @ 8 pm EST at 8:17 tsv until 8:50 ....a few items, plug for black business,  food & more food, kitchen item & plug for Q ... it's 9:33 and it's BAAACK.   Show over at 10pm...

After many hours shown during Gourmet Holiday right before ITKWD🙄😉.

I absolutely hate that they spend hours on the TSV especially during the few shows I watch☹️☹️

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tonight's ITKWD

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 - QVC is running a promotion with Food Network that offers a six-month subscription to the Food Network app with select kitchen purchases, so that is likely the reason for the crossovers with chefs coming to the Q and Mary going to The Kitchen (where she did a short segment preparing spiced cider and then talked about the app promo). As for Chef Zakarian, he has multiple restaurants, so he could Skype in from any of their kitchens as well as his own, and it wouldn't surprise me if he had multiple homes, as I know people with far less money who do.

All that said, though, I know QVC has started using a smaller presentation kitchen at another site for some of the remote demonstrations to help enhance the quality of the video and audio feeds. Several vendors/reps, including Tara with Temp-tations, Greg Shockley with Le Creuset (and a couple of other brands), and Mark-Charles Misilli (only once that I can recall) have been alternating presentations from their homes and from that kitchen, which you can easily identify by the decorative wooden shelves behind the presenter—including a long shelf that almost always has letters spelling out something.

To wrap up the latter point, though, I saw Chef Zakarian presenting crab cakes on Gourmet Holiday today, and he was not in that QVC presentation kitchen.

How was that nice novel?  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc 

Thank you I knew you'd know the answer to my curiosity!!!

homedecor1

Honored Contributor

I don't watch anymore especially when wine is a TSV---I don't get the wine thing anyway--- as I don't like or drink the stuff ,altho will cook with---but every other hour of any TSV is about 18 hours too much!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

I don't watch anymore especially when wine is a TSV---I don't get the wine thing anyway--- as I don't like or drink the stuff ,altho will cook with---but every other hour of any TSV is about 18 hours too much!!!!!

@wagirl  I am the same way with all the sweet stuff. I was never a candy or dessert person but many are so they can watch and I'll do something else.