Honored Contributor

Fat Diddio's bakeware is hard to find and suppose to be top quality like for mainly commercial bakeries. Always sold out online. I happened across it today at Tues. Morning store. They got these sheet cake pans  either 12x15 or the one I got 9x13 for 9.99. I got the last smaller one.

Never had one before because shipping is so high, but, grabbed today.

DSCN1160.jpeg

Respected Contributor

Re: Tues. Morning find

[ Edited ]

@SharkE   Yes, you got a deal--don't you just love when that happens?  I got several sets of this brand of cake pans several years ago at a deep reduction from Sur la Table.

Just be sure to hand wash or soak them in the sink.  Don't put them in the dishwasher.  The ingredients in most dishwasher formulas discolor the anodized metal.

They clean up by hand very nicely, anyway.  I only bake my dessert , cookies, and cake items in them.

Enjoy using your "steal."  I miss shopping at Tuesday Mornings.  When the one closest to me in Connecticut closed up (store lease expired) I was so sad.  I bought some lovely items.

For a while you could go online and order from them, but the discontinued that.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

@aroc3435    Well, I'm glad to hear that. I discovered that brand when I was researching breadstick pans and they were the only place that had them , but, was sold out and seemed like the shipping was as high as the pan, so, I ended up with something like a cornbread stick pan, but, always wanted the Fat D one.

You just never know what you'll stumble upon in these off the wall stores.

Thank you for your input !

Honored Contributor

@SharkE : My local store closed. I found several good deals.

Respected Contributor

Love shopping there. I hope they will be able to survive these uncertain times.

Respected Contributor

@aroc3435 wrote:

@SharkE   Yes, you got a deal--don't you just love when that happens?  I got several sets of this brand of cake pans several years ago at a deep reduction from Sur la Table.

Just be sure to hand wash or soak them in the sink.  Don't put them in the dishwasher.  The ingredients in most dishwasher formulas discolor the anodized metal.

They clean up by hand very nicely, anyway.  I only bake my dessert , cookies, and cake items in them.

Enjoy using your "steal."  I miss shopping at Tuesday Mornings.  When the one closest to me in Connecticut closed up (store lease expired) I was so sad.  I bought some lovely items.

For a while you could go online and order from them, but the discontinued that.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

@aroc3435  The Tuesday Morning closest to me closed, but the one in the Rose Hill shopping center in Franconia/Springfield is still open. It's only about 10 minutes from the Van Dorn Beltway exit or 20 minutes from the Duke Street exit on 395. I don't know if this is farther than you want to drive, but it's an option.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE  @aroc3435   We had two in the area within 5 miles maybe.  Sadly one closed about a year ago, and the second one just closed in July.  Sad. Always found some bargain in there.   I still like TJ Maxx, HG and Marshall’s, but Tuesday morning was fun, too.  

Honored Contributor

Yikes! hope the one in amarillo, tx don't go belly up ! So many stores and eating places are going under ! Man !

Honored Contributor

I like that store..it's hit or miss but I enjoy the hunt.  I have never heard of that brand of bake ware.

Honored Contributor

Sure is hard to find think it must be going out of business. I went back on the hunt for breadstick pan, forget about it. OUT of stock every where.