Frequent Contributor

Now I have seen everything, someone is going to buy tomatoes.

Regular Contributor

I believe it shows free S/H

Honored Contributor

No thanks.  Not when equal quality is in a store near you.

Honored Contributor

Arent they tomato plants, not tomatoes? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@ECBG  Equal? Maybe, maybe not. I was shopping for tomato plants at a garden festival last week and in two garden centers and Lowe's this weekend. The tomato plants I saw were pretty pathetic. One garden center had none at all, and the other had less than a dozen (granted, we're toward the end of spring tomato planting season here in central FL). Lowe's had a better selection (regarding both variety and number), but the plants looked sad.

And please, if you care about bees, don't buy your plants in Home Depot. They treat them systemically with Neonicotinoids, which are deadly to insects, including the beneficials. They destroy the bee's nervous system.

Honored Contributor

Its early yet for the stores to have plants.  It's all of us who are dying to get out into the garden.  Theoretically we could still have a freeze here, tho it doesn't seem likely. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@kathya1119 wrote:

@ECBG  Equal? Maybe, maybe not. I was shopping for tomato plants at a garden festival last week and in two garden centers and Lowe's this weekend. The tomato plants I saw were pretty pathetic. One garden center had none at all, and the other had less than a dozen (granted, we're toward the end of spring tomato planting season here in central FL). Lowe's had a better selection (regarding both variety and number), but the plants looked sad.

And please, if you care about bees, don't buy your plants in Home Depot. They treat them systemically with Neonicotinoids, which are deadly to insects, including the beneficials. They destroy the bee's nervous system.

https://corporate.homedepot.com/newsroom/how-home-depot-addresses-neonicotinoid-concerns

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

Hard to grow tomatoes in Tx. not sure why, but, we don't have any home grown or strawberries either. I sure miss my Ind. strawberries.

wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh all that stuff bought in is flat. I got some of the worst grapes this week even I wouldn't eat 'em. Flavorless.