Esteemed Contributor

Today Is Screaming Comfort Food

It was a lovely minus 6 degrees when DD left for work this am. It is sunny out but colder than a witch's thorax.

I decided to make Salisbury Steak, mashed spuds and broccoli for supper.

I haven't made it in years so I best find my recipe or else just wing it.

On Sunday I did a Italian sausage, kale and tortellini soup.  No recipe just did on what I thought sounded good. Turned out great, now if I can just remember what I did when I want to make it again. Heaven forbid I write it down. Sure there is a ton of recipes  online, there is for eerything else.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Today Is Screaming Comfort Food

Love the online recipe source - new ideas and suggestions.  Cleaned out my old cookbook shelf years ago and... as they say,  ....never looked back.

DD will appreciate a hot  meal on her return.  One below up here north of the apple.

Some SS for Petunia?

Esteemed Contributor

@CrazyKittyLvr2  Love the way you think! I made a chicken, broccoli, rice and cheese casserole yesterday, but I'm thinking about a beef stew for the snowy? weekend coming up. We were +7 this morning, so balmy compared to you. I sure wish the weather people would make up their minds about this snowstorm. Guess I'll just have to watch the birds for a clue.

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt    No people food for Miss P.

Respected Contributor

We are having roast beef with carrots and potatoes.  It's one of the few meals my BF knows how to cook so I'm only responsible for clean-up tonight. 

Tomorrow night is a slice of ham with braised cabbage. 

Not sure about Sat as we are supposed to have snow here again in NC