Respected Contributor

Tips for using TSV Cook's Essentials Perfect Cooker

As posted with the listing on QVC website.........

Cooking Tips for Cook’s Essentials 5 Cup Digital Perfect Cooker 

BAKED GOODS  For baked goods recipes an additional 10 minutes may be needed.  Once cooking time is complete, turn off Perfect Cooker & allow food to rest for an additional 10 min with lid closed.  Then remove inner pot & allow to completely cool before serving. 

MEAT/POULTRY   Brown beef or poultry and drain any excess fat or oil before following recipe. 

MEASURING CUP  The measuring cup included adheres to

rice industry standards. It is about ¾ of the size of 1 standard U.S. cup.  When making rice, we recommend using this cup for measuring both rice & water.  Use a standard measuring cup (not included) for all other recipes.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Tips for using TSV Cook's Essentials Perfect Cooker

Does anyone have a clue as to what they used for crust in the stuffed calazones?  Once I though I could see faint circles and wondered if it was canned biscuits.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Does anyone have a clue as to what they used for crust in the stuffed calazones?  Once I though I could see faint circles and wondered if it was canned biscuits.

No, but I'd try pizza dough - the kind that comes in a tube should work, or just the wampum muffins?

Esteemed Contributor

The recipe calls for pizza dough.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Super Contributor

Blue Jean Chef has a basics video up today, how to make pizza dough. 

Super Contributor

I'd like to add a tip.  When i use my rice cooker making white or brown rice. I always add a tablespoon of butter. It keeps the foaming down I found. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Kachina624  ... Meredith mentioned that for the demos last night she used store bought dough ..... Hope this helps 😄

Esteemed Contributor

@Bigbear52 wrote:

I'd like to add a tip.  When i use my rice cooker making white or brown rice. I always add a tablespoon of butter. It keeps the foaming down I found. 

@Bigbear52

That must make if real tasty!  I just pour in a little olive oil - guess it works the same.

Super Contributor

Ooh, I'll have to try thre olive oil, thanks. I always have EVOO on hand. Probably a little healthier then butter. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Bigbear52 wrote:

Ooh, I'll have to try thre olive oil, thanks. I always have EVOO on hand. Probably a little healthier then butter. 

@Bigbear52

Yeah, but, everything's better with butter!Woman Very Happy