Frequent Contributor

Thoughst on Landies pretzels...

Thinking of purchasing the Landies Candies pretzel set for office treats...  Anyone who has purhcased them in the past - thoughts?  Thanks!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Thoughst on Landies pretzels...

[ Edited ]

I tried them last year.  I didn't like them.  The pretzels tasted stale and had a crumbly texture that I didn't like, sort of like the texture of a vanilla wafer.    The chocolate was below average, IMO, having a waxy taste.  I kept them for a while, hoping I would learn to like them,  but in the end I discarded them. Just my opinion, of course.

Regular Contributor

I agree 100% with Nomless!

Valued Contributor

I bought them a couple of years ago. The first set was fine, lots of coating, gooey caramel, good balance of pretzel vs. sweet. The second shipment had stale, larger pretzels, not much coating, hardly any filling. It was very much different than the first, plus I wasn't sent the correct flavors, someone had changed them even though it was still listed as what I had ordered.  

I won't buy them again. It's cheaper to buy pretzels, caramel, chocolate pieces and candy bars, break them up and make a mix.

Valued Contributor

I've bought them, but wouldn't purchase them again. Agree with what others have said, the chocolate is waxy and the pretzel is crumbly and dry.
Frequent Contributor

Thank you all for the feedback...  Sounds like I should look elsewhere for holiday treats...  

Contributor

I've purchased the Mrs Prindables set of white chocolate, milk chocolate and dark chocolate pretzel rods all individually wrapped for coworkers and they all loved them.

Respected Contributor

Around the holidays, you can buy fancy covered pretzel rods in various flavors at Target. No S&H, lower price.

Frequent Contributor

Did you buy just the pretzels separately?  I have gotten those in the large packages with the apples from Mrs. Prindables.  I love there stuff but the "packages" are just too big....  I don't need that much stuff around the holidays.  The pretzel sticks would be great if they sell those separately at some time...

Regular Contributor

We bought them last year for the holiday and they were incredibly stale. Personally, I know those are ones I wouldn't buy again.