http://community.qvc.com/t5/Blogs/The-winds-of-change/ba-p/2906094

Valued Contributor

Re: The QVC Kitchen Aid Lady

Thank you for posting.

Laura, sure knew her stuff.

Wish her well.

Occasional Contributor

I was surprised to see someone new one day after having seen Laura only a day or so before for a TSV.  So, when David Venable said specifically that the new lady was "QVC's new Kitchenaid spokesperson," or some such thing, I just assumed that dear, sweet Laura had been unceremoniously outed.  Just to make sure something specific hadn't happened to her or in her life, I called KitchenAid and was told she was not a KitchenAid employee, so if the QVC spokesperson for KitchenAid changed, they said, it was QVC's decision.  I would have preferred a little "white lie" -- "she's retiring" or something with a little cupcake send-off (which would only have taken a few minutes!), but it wasn't meant to be.  It's just another reminder that QVC is first and foremost a business -- not the "family" they like you to think they are. Once you get too old -- as a host or spokesperson -- out you go!  The funny thing about that: It's the older customer with the time and disposable income that keeps the company in business!

Occasional Contributor

I like your post.  Please see my reply to someone else's re the switch on the KitchenAid spokesperson:

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Kitchen/The-QVC-Kitchen-Aid-Lady/m-p/3029036#M127407

I really hope that Laura Weathers is not ill and had to leave QVC because of illness.  But if she just wanted to retire I wish her well.  We will miss you Laura.  I just wish QVC would have gave you a party send off and let all of the customers that have watched you for YEARS know that you were leaving.   Best wishes to you my Kitchen Aid Lady for years my friend.

Regular Contributor

Long time viewers develop "relationships" with nice people like her. Everyone likes to be recognized for their work. Sorry QVC could not do a small "good bye/thanks for a job well done" for her and their buyers.

Respected Contributor

I think Laura retired to spend more time with her family.

Honored Contributor

Laura has happily retired.  Here is a lovely blog post from her which details her future plans:

http://community.qvc.com/t5/Blogs/The-winds-of-change/ba-p/2906094