Esteemed Contributor

Re: The MC kitchen shears are the BEST!

Wow! what a wonderful product review thread!

At first glance a person might think, oh not again! They present these over and over, every year.

But you make an excellent point, that many are probably given as gifts. I wonder how many are sold to people who are making their 2nd or 3rd purchase.

Respected Contributor

what  brand is MC?  i bought the kuhn rikon ones many years ago. love love loved them.

a couple of years later, i got the set of four. I'm still using them, as i probably couldn't live without them. 

for some reason this pair arent as sharp and the last batch. 

i've only been a couple of years, but i use them for everything in the kitchen. 

i have a horrid time opening packaging. 

ugh.

Honored Contributor

MC is Mark Charles who is the rep. for Kuhn Rikon and many other brands.    (I love the shears too and use them daily.)

Valued Contributor

Temptations had shears like these a few years ago that were made by Kuhn Ricon too.  I picked up a couple in the OW spice pattern.  They are very nice too.

Esteemed Contributor

@giddy up wrote:

Temptations had shears like these a few years ago that were made by Kuhn Ricon too.  I picked up a couple in the OW spice pattern.  They are very nice too.

@giddy up - Do the flowers at the ends of the handles get in the way or make cutting more awkward? I thought about picking up those TT shears when they were offered, but I didn't love that feature.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @loriqvc - I hope @giddy up doesn't mind if I answer.  I just happened in to this thread.  This is my experience:

I have a bunch of the original shears, and I was given the TT ones as a gift.  I use them, but I miss the one-handed quick release latch of the originals.  The TT ones are very cute and I do enjoy all things TT, but I don't reach for them as often because they are a two-handed operation to unlatch from the bottom, and then close, and I don't think the "torque" is as good, as those very cute handles are longer than the originals.

Cogito ergo sum
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sweetbay magnolia wrote:

Hi @loriqvc - I hope @giddy up doesn't mind if I answer.  I just happened in to this thread.  This is my experience:

I have a bunch of the original shears, and I was given the TT ones as a gift.  I use them, but I miss the one-handed quick release latch of the originals.  The TT ones are very cute and I do enjoy all things TT, but I don't reach for them as often because they are a two-handed operation to unlatch from the bottom, and then close, and I don't think the "torque" is as good, as those very cute handles are longer than the originals.

Thanks, @Sweetbay magnolia - those were exactly the details I wondered about. Tara may never bring them back again, but if she does, I'll now know that I should stick with the original KR version. Smiley Happy

New Contributor

Wow! Glowing reviews! I think I'll buy a set.

thanks!