Respected Contributor

@novamc1 wrote:

It's possible that some bitter, strong taste might come from the age of the pods.  When I shop for pods, I always compare expiration or best-buy dates.  They vary a lot !

The best I've found lately was the Green Mountain Breakfast Blend, but have used quite a bit of Starbucks Pike Place medium roast.

With the Pike Place, I wonder why the pods make a little rattle, as if beads are in the pod.  I'm switching brands and flavors all the time, and I think it's time to back off from that brand.

Also have enjoyed Caribou and will definitey buy again.

@novamc1  What you mentioned about Pike Place I have noticed with Peet's pods that I purchased lately. They rattle -- I wonder if they keep a whole bean in it or ??? I have never noticed this in other pods. Maybe they pack a whole bean in it for some reason --anyone know ?

@4leaf  I think Folger's an Maxwell have offered consistently good brew throughout the years.

Esteemed Contributor

@Twins Mom wrote:
When I have occasion to use a Keurig, I use mild coffee type and select largest cup size available. That suits my taste. Smaller cups too potent.
@ gloriajean.
Interesting name you have since there used to be a Gloria Jean coffee shop here that sold coffee assortments- before Starbucks became rampant!

@Twins Mom  I saw her name and thought that instantly too about the Gloria

Jean brand. The Macadamia Cookie is so good. Get my pods at Boscov's.

images.jpgdownload (7).jpg

Honored Contributor

Just like with any coffee maker, the taste depends on the brand of coffee and your own personal taste.  I prefer Green Mountain and Dunkin Donuts K-cups, in various flavors.