Esteemed Contributor

Twins Mom - how old are your twins?  My daughgter's twins are 3 1/2 now, identical twin girls. I used to go to the Gloria Jean Coffee shops, when they were still here., But I was named after the child star, Gloria Jean. She could sing beautifully too.  To all you posters here who are giving me advice, I'll check into some of those pods, but I think I need a bigger cup. And I wonder if a bigger cup will fit there?  I have the larger fiesta cups here, I can try.

But the cappachino pods are wonderful just the way they are! 

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

@ AngelPuppy1.    I just tried k cup from Aldi (donut variety) and was very pleased with flavor. 

@GloriaJean   Twins in their 20's.  Not identical but close.  Oh those early years were busy but precious.  Enjoy that time together.  Now I remember where we bought their two favorite milk cups - at Gloria Jeans!  We saw them in the window and they selected.  Those mugs in my cabinet today - not in purge danger!

Esteemed Contributor

I use my Keurig every morning.I love it. The pods I use are never bitter.I use the Italian Medium Roast.It's delicious.

Honored Contributor

Maxwell House and Dunkin Donuts pods are very good and flavorful, but not too strong!

Respected Contributor

@HLP I just make my coffee with more water and that changed things up for me, no more bitter coffee.I also shake the coffee pod before I place it in the machine.

Honored Contributor

@gloriajean wrote:

For those of you who really like the Keurig, don't you find those pods to be strong and bitter?  I do, and I love coffee, but at my daughter's house, they have one of those, and I haven't found any coffee there that I like. I love our Bunn Maker.  

i find them to be just the OPPOSITE! for me they are too weak, even the ones that are dark roasts. i dont use my keurig anymore, but others do so it is sitting out in my kitchen.

since the holidays i changed over from a mr coffee to an electric percolator and i LOVE the taste, plus it stays super hot.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

chicory.jpg

I use this brand discovered when I went to New Orleans. Its a coffee and chicory blend.  The chicory removes some of the bitterness associated with coffee. I have enjoyed this blend for years

Respected Contributor

It's possible that some bitter, strong taste might come from the age of the pods.  When I shop for pods, I always compare expiration or best-buy dates.  They vary a lot !

The best I've found lately was the Green Mountain Breakfast Blend, but have used quite a bit of Starbucks Pike Place medium roast.

With the Pike Place, I wonder why the pods make a little rattle, as if beads are in the pod.  I'm switching brands and flavors all the time, and I think it's time to back off from that brand.

Also have enjoyed Caribou and will definitey buy again.

Contributor

We absolutely love Folger's pods and buy the 100 pods each time. Has great flavor. Choose highest water fill if you like weak coffee.