Honored Contributor

Re: Thanksgiving - what kind of bread do you use for dressing?

Mornin' Yahooey! Your dressing will be wonderful this year with all this help!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Contributor

On 11/7/2014 Sooner said:

We'll also mix a can of Cream of Mushroom soup stirred in with the broth because we don't put eggs in ours. We have been known to add a little splash of DRY Sherry (a tablespoon or two) to the soup and broth mix as well. Depending on how things go, the Sherry might reappear later in the day if need be. . . {#emotions_dlg.blushing} We start out with sautéed onions and celery then mix that with the crumbled cornbread (sometimes mushrooms too). We season that with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning since we aren't big on sage but we DO sometimes put fresh sage under the turkey skin and cook it that way. We are weird.

Sooner, I add a can of Cream of Mushroom soup to my broth, also. That's how my grandmother taught me. But I'm going to try adding Sherry this year. I like your approach to the day! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}
Honored Contributor

My sister is the stuffing maker in our family. Last time she used sliced Italian bread from the grocery store. It had more texture than regular old white bread.