Respected Contributor

Recommendations QVC gourmet foods

Have never purchased food online - been watching gourmet food programs and have in fact ordered a KC ham. Wondering about the Perfect Gourmet pot stickers anyone tried these? Also Corkey's hickory smoked wings. I have 8 people coming over Christmas and thought maybe these could save me some cooking and be good for snacks and brunches. Any advice gratefully received.
Valued Contributor

Re: Recommendations QVC gourmet foods

Honestly, the best food is the KC steak burger items. For me, I have not tried the pot stickers but I think the key is how you cook them, and having sauces ready for people to dip them. But yes my dear, these items WOULD SAVE YOU TIME...

I have tried the sides from St Clair which to me...they were good and easy to put in the oven. Now the hickory smoke wings/// I have also not tried them but I have had the corky's ribs SEVERAL TIME...and they are were good. Now I did have to add more sauce to the ribs. Also the St. Clair I did not have to doctor up, just put in the oven and take it out.

Are the products convenient, yes indeed, I'm sure I could make some of the items I order myself from scratch.... but once you buy all the ingredients and YOUR TIME...which is priceless... if you could be relaxing.... for ME...I think the items are worth it.

Respected Contributor

I have never had the ham or the wings, but love the pot stickers. Can't go wrong with those.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for replies may check on the ribs sunshine 3215 instead of wings. Any time saved will be good -as apart from 10 of us in home we will have 6 dogs plus our own cats! All our family plus their pets for 4 days and I do not want to be in the kitchen all day!
Super Contributor

My husband and I were not happy with the pot stickers. There was hardly any filling. And I could never master the proper preparation. I tried them every way that is suggested during their presentation and could never get the texture to our liking (either too crisp or raw, doughy.) I bought a cake several years ago made by the Balboa Cake Company. It was very dry. I received a Mrs. Prindable apple one year and it was very good. I've not tried the other items you mentioned. Maybe I just had bad luck with the pot stickers and the cake because I've seen very positive posts about these two items and many other food items. I've especially read good things about the KC ham.
Honored Contributor

I bought a Springfield Ham one year and it was magnificient. Bought it the next year and it was all bone and fat! I paid three times what I would have at the grocery store. As a matter of fact I had to buy another Ham to make sure everyone had enough meat.

I bought steaks from Kansas City Steak wrapped in bacon and each and every one had a ton of gristle in them.

I bought the three side dishes from St. Claire, rice & broc, mac & cheeze and yams or something and no one liked any of it. The rice & broc did not set up and I followed the directions.

Juniors cheese cake is wonderful.

Harry London chocolates are great.

Cheryl's cookies are wonderful (but very sweet).

I bought a Turkey breast and it was good, not worth 2 or 3X the price at the supermarket.

Bought the Prime Rib and it was extremely good.

Steak burgers, also extremely good.

I'm at the place where I'm somewhat cautious about buying most of the food, except the desserts. The cost compared to the supermarket or Sam's Club is about three times the price (sometimes it's 2X because they give you free shipping). I guess I just haven't been bowled over by it and have been disappointed that the quality changed per order.... yes, it's convenient but .....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I like the pot stickers. I tried the St. Clair's side dishes (sweet potatoes, macaroni & cheese, and dressing) and didn't like any of them. I'm interested in reading the suggestions here, too, as I'm thinking about ordering Cheryl's cookies soon.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Regular Contributor

Our family has had the corkys ribs several times and they always went over well. We liked the vegetable pot stickers the best. Nobody seemed to care for the cookies though.

Honored Contributor

I ordered the pot sticker, KC steaks, Mrs Prindable apples once. The only item I ordered that I have repeated are the Lobstergram lobster tails (the 8-9 oz).

Esteemed Contributor

Pot stickers - negative for me - sticky and strange

KC Ham - very good

St. C - side dishes - terrible - the garbage disposable ate all of them. Bland taste but pretty presentation - have not purchased again - and won't.

Lobster - they were okay - won't purchase again

I've tried the Q menu and no longer order food from them - I'm probably fussy - but for the money I want food that taste good and not just easy to prepare to make my life easier.

The Paris 'rolls' that you bake fresh are excellent tho. Have not purchased Cheryl's cookies but have read on here - nothing special - and very sweet. Has to be with all that frosting.

Buyer beware!er