Respected Contributor

I also wish they'd get some new patterns.  I find some older patterns occasionally at consignment shops and I scoop them up.  I am so tired of everything being made in Old World which I never cared for.  I have a few pieces of Floral Lace, but am quickly becoming tired of that as well.

I have a couple pieces in a black Toile pattern which was beautiful, but they never expanded that line to include more items.  I also have Petals, Polka Dot, and Bouquet patterns which I love.  I think the reason why I love the older patterns so much is because they only made a few items in that pattern, so I never got tired of seeing them.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

@Topaz Gem wrote:

I also wish they'd get some new patterns.  I find some older patterns occasionally at consignment shops and I scoop them up.  I am so tired of everything being made in Old World which I never cared for.  I have a few pieces of Floral Lace, but am quickly becoming tired of that as well.

I have a couple pieces in a black Toile pattern which was beautiful, but they never expanded that line to include more items.  I also have Petals, Polka Dot, and Bouquet patterns which I love.  I think the reason why I love the older patterns so much is because they only made a few items in that pattern, so I never got tired of seeing them.

I have a few in the polka dot pattern and am surprised that Tara didn't expand that line.  I have the set that came in the matching carrier and another set of bowls.    I also have a couple of sets in other patterns that seem to be "one set only" of those styles.  I think those are some of the prettiest I have and I have a lot.  No plans to buy more mostly because of the fear of them cracking like others have had happen and I really don't need more.  Won't chance buying any for gifts now either.

Respected Contributor

When your Tempations bowls or bakers craze or crack, or, if you're just tired of them and want some new ones....

use them for outdoor flower pots!!! I have quite a few that I just put a plastic flower pot into and voila, in a few weeks from early spring, the foliage and flowers fill in the top area and they are very pretty.....You can put a few small stones on the bottom to elevate the plastic pots so the plant doesn't sit in water...

In fact, I've even bought some of the larger bowl sets just to use as flower pots.

And, if you have an electric drill with a 1/4" masonry bit ( ask your husband!!!) you can CAREFULLY drill one of two holes in the bottom for drainage. 

Sometimes they will shatter, most times not...

They really look very nice, and even if you just get one season out of them, better than just tossing them in the garbage when they craze or crack!