Respected Contributor

@Suziqzee wrote:

I think after seeing all of your thoughtful responses, I might just stick with my Pfalzgraff Pistoulet, (which is kind of similar to fiestaware, in its bright coloring.) It has held up great for close to 20 years now. I started looking even at newer Pfalzgraff and it seems even they don't make tons of accessories to go with their dinnerware sets anymore. Perhaps it's just all part of the minimalist sort of philosophy that so many have, nowadays. It wouldn't hurt me to minimize, as well, but I sure do love my accessories!

I googled your Pistoulet pattern....those are beautiful dishes!  You should check out Fiesta...you could get serving pieces in solid colors that would totally complement those pretty dishes.  Good luck in your search....i have a fondness for pretty dishes, myself!!!

Honored Contributor

@Suziqzee 

My advice save your $$$.  I bought 1 set when the dinnerware was reduced.  Plates chipped in dishwasher (just like the newer pieces) and super thin stoneware.

I would invest in Pfaltzgraf or similar product with longevity before buying Temptations although I love the floral lace!

Contributor

I love my Fiestaware!  There are a lot of colors and pieces and groups on FB to buy/sell/trade.  I'm lucky enough to live near their factory in WV so I am able to get lots of great pieces at their tent sales for dirt cheap prices.

Valued Contributor

I love my TT dinnerware especially the plates and salad plates and sometimes the bowls.  Mugs are usually pretty good too but they come in different sizes and shapes so it is good to look hard before buying the mugs so it fits.   They clean easily too and the patterns and colors are fun.   Some of my best dishes are from TT and so far they have been holding up, no chips etc and can take the hot toaster oven with no probs.

Respected Contributor
I’ve replaced my Pfalzgraf Hopscotch patten with Temp-tations several years. I don’t know what some of you are doing with your kitchenware, but I’ve only ever lost 2 pieces of bakeware. Both times I did something they specifically say not to. My dinnerware has held up beautifully. I even have teenage boys in my house so nothing gets babied.

Temp-rations does make subtle changes to the pattern from time to time. My newest pieces are not an exact match to my older pieces, but I’m ok with it. Completer and replacement pieces are almost always available directly from Temp-rations.
Honored Contributor

Temp-tations is coming out with new sets of dinnerware (and all accessories) in their Old World and Floral Lace patterns constantly, and retiring older sets all the time too. 

Once they retire a dinnerware style, it just isn't available, except on the secondary market, so if you break pieces or want to add more, they simply won't be available, unless you can find them on someplace like ebay. 

So if you want Temp-tations dinnerware, be sure to buy an extra set or two because once retired you won't easily or cheaply expand the set or replace broken pieces. 

Regular Contributor

Save yourself grief and buy fiesta ware. Buy temptations serving pieces if you need more then plain multi colors. 

Respected Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I’ve replaced my Pfalzgraf Hopscotch patten with Temp-tations several years. I don’t know what some of you are doing with your kitchenware, but I’ve only ever lost 2 pieces of bakeware. Both times I did something they specifically say not to. My dinnerware has held up beautifully. I even have teenage boys in my house so nothing gets babied.

Temp-rations does make subtle changes to the pattern from time to time. My newest pieces are not an exact match to my older pieces, but I’m ok with it. Completer and replacement pieces are almost always available directly from Temp-rations.

I also have pieces (not dinnerware) and they have held up perfectly.  No chips or any of that.  I would not hesitate to give them a try.