Esteemed Contributor
On 1/31/2014 Ladybug724 said:
On 1/31/2014 NYC Susan said:

I have a set of stoneware that I bought years ago, and not one piece has any cracking or crazing. The set I owned before then never had any of those problems either.

I am amazed at the amount of complaints I've heard re Temptations. I absolutely don't understand why QVC continues to sell it. Kiss

Because they have probably weighed the potential for profit against the ones that are dissatisfied and have more than likely decided it is worth it to tick off a few people as compared to the people who are either happy with Temp-tations, or don't bother to go through the hassle of sending them back.

I'm sure you're right.

And I understand that they're in the business of selling, but something seems morally wrong about continuing to sell products that they know very well are potentially dangerous. Kiss

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/31/2014 tamde said: Ok...we'll guess I won't be ordering anymore temptations....I have had my last set less than a year....never use in microwave...I always hand wash and still cracked. Thanks for all the posts

I had a set of baking dishes, all of them cracked and I threw them out. They're cute, but not worth the risk, and the money!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Regular Contributor

It's too bad really. I love my temptations but now am afraid to use it in the oven. Had a piece crack while I was cooking something and had the throw both the food and the piece away. I do use it for serving though and I love the lids.

Not applicable
Add me to the list of unhappy customers! My 4 qt baker is cracked. Only 2 years old.
New Contributor

I have tons of TT and have several that cracked. I've called TT customer service and they are really nice but the last time I called, my piece was DC so they sent something comparable. I'm on my third 9x13 pan. I'm really tired of having to call and ask for a replacement. The operator asked me if I used frozen food in the pan and put it in a pre-heated oven. At that time, I had. She explained to me about putting in the oven then turning it on to heat up so it will gradually come to the temperature. Makes sense but since then, I've had it to crack again and another to crack also. I love the TT sizes and easy clean-up and how it goes right to the table but I hate to continue to waste money. I have continued to use my pan but notice the cracks get worse and I worry about if there might be a mold issue when you put water to it.... frustrating!

Super Contributor

My answer: Fiesta Ware. Made in America.

I've never had a piece crack or craze. Neither has anyone I know. Not even the pieces I have from my great aunt.

It's a little more expensive, but we never have to throw out a casserole that cracked in the oven and start over.

Valued Contributor
On 1/31/2014 Ladybug724 said:
On 1/31/2014 NYC Susan said:

I have a set of stoneware that I bought years ago, and not one piece has any cracking or crazing. The set I owned before then never had any of those problems either.

I am amazed at the amount of complaints I've heard re Temptations. I absolutely don't understand why QVC continues to sell it. Kiss

Because they have probably weighed the potential for profit against the ones that are dissatisfied and have more than likely decided it is worth it to tick off a few people as compared to the people who are either happy with Temp-tations, or don't bother to go through the hassle of sending them back.

You are so right! Percentage wise, the millions that are sold with absolutly no problems outweigh the % of the pieces that crack and/or break (and you have to figure in the ones that do if it was cust error)AND those that "claim" something has happened just because it is not made here in the good ole USA.

New Contributor

I have had to get replacements for plastic lids broken when delivered but I am hopeful to get some plates replaced one salad plate and four dinner plates in green vivid dinner sets the five all have glaze cracking and food leaching in to the cracks and staining the inner stoneware not pretty, owned for less than a year.(wish me luck) will get back with the results, have many temptations never had any problems so this is a first for me ....... OK calling.... now!!!!!!! ........................................................................................................

just got off the phone with temptations not Qvc called the temptations number they gave me

nice rep very polite but was surprised to hear about a shipping charge normally charged for anything over 30 days the warranty is for one year but dose not include replacement shipping after the thirty day limit.... sadly that any of these types of problems won't be visible for more than that. But now I Know... and the normal shipping is charged per piece mine was under 2.00 each, and waved as a one time curtsey & back ordered if needed very well done thank you to rep D.at temp-tations

Super Contributor

I bought a set of measuring spoons to try the line. I am not impressed. One spoon broke the first week. These are not very strong.