Valued Contributor

Temptations - Had to Chuckle.

I had to chuckle when I saw the new Temptatins "white" product line.  I know it's a white  pattern on white but I remember the days when they would ask "why would you pay money for boring white when you can get great colorful patterns."   I also notice that there are more items that are a combination of Old World and Floral Lace patterns combined, which I don't care for that much.  Guess they're running out of ideas. Just an observation, not a complaint.  :smileywink:

Respected Contributor

Re: Temptations - Had to Chuckle.

I think of it as growing a brand. If you don't grow and adapt, you die. Shark Tank taught me that. Tara is smart for not hanging her hat on Old World.

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ 

Different strokes for different folks, I only have (and love) the Old World pattern, don't care for the floral lace.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I recall Tara slamming all white dinnerware.  Who would want that?   Well, I'd rather see tomato sauce on a white plate than one with orange/blue/purple.

She has slowly added more 'plain' choices over time.

Never a fan of any of her painted designs.

Esteemed Contributor

I have loved, and collected Temptations for years, and will definitely give all white a try.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Frequent Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

I recall Tara slamming all white dinnerware.  Who would want that?   Well, I'd rather see tomato sauce on a white plate than one with orange/blue/purple.

She has slowly added more 'plain' choices over time.

Never a fan of any of her painted designs.

YES YES YES.  Tara has slammed white dinnerware forever.  

I guess she is seeing $$$ by selling something with a little more class.  Although, it will prob still have the QA like her other products.

Super Contributor

Ah Tara... David's bestie.  Gotta love that duo.

Honored Contributor

In the beginning she did all white and solid colors.  I still have a couple of all green items and got rid of a white set.  I liked the white set but storage was an issue.

I would like to see solid colors again, it makes a prettier table.

Frequent Contributor

The white ones still have a design on the sides.  I don't like that either.  I LOVE just plain white dinnerware.  This temptations stuff just looks like something you get get at WalMart.