Occasional Contributor
Anyone know when that may be? Does anyone have one and feel they are worth the price. I cook a lot and also like to juice. Thanks for any feedback!
Esteemed Contributor

I bought one several years ago as I like to juice also.  But mostly I used it for my protein shakes with fruit.   I did try some of the recipes but everything tasted "whipped" like soups and stuff.   I really am not a big fan.  Mine was one of the ones where the blade was starting to peel , though they were offering a new replacement pitcher it was too much trouble to try to do that. You needed all your warranty paperwork.  The blade is actually attached to the pitcher.  I opted not to and I no longer use it.  So IMO, not worth the money.  I bought a new Oster blender and it serves the purpose well and was 1/4 the price.

Trusted Contributor

I bought one years ago and used it exactly once.  Some people love them, and they must because they are a TSV a LOT.  Just not something we will be using so it will be in a yard sale at some point.

Honored Contributor

We have had one at least 10 years and wouldn't be without it.  We make salad dressing, smoothies, and any kind of job that needs mixed up.

We hardly ever throw away any veggie or fruit because when it gets a ittle sad it goes in a smoothie or in the freezer for a future smoothie.  We need to get veggies in our diet and that's a great way to do it!

I bought mine directly from Vitamix.  It had a better warranty, and it was a reconditioned one and we've never had a minute's trouble with it!  

It is something we use often and would replace immediately if it quit.  It is an old 5200 and does everything we want!  

Smoothies are a little yogurt, splash of milk or juice, ice and fruit or veggies. Whatever we need to use up. 

Occasional Contributor
Thank you for taking the time to respond. Appreciate it.
Occasional Contributor
Thanks for the Oster recommendation. Will take a look at them.
Occasional Contributor
Yes it is a frequent TSV, thanks for the response.
Contributor

I bought a Vitamix a couple of years ago when it was a TSV. I agonized over the money spent until I used it. Worth. The. Hype. I use it at least once a day for my smoothies. I've also used it for soups and to grind oatmeal for flour, etc. We need another blender for our vacation home and bought a highly reviewed Ninja trying to save money. I used it today and I am returning it as soon as I can. My smoothie was chewy and not a good experience. We figure the Ninja's good reviews were from people who have never used a Vitamix. I will watch for the next Vitamix TSV and buy one then. Nothing makes a smoothie like a Vitamix.

Honored Contributor

@Loves Pink-----I think VitaMix is great! I used my moms VM from when she bought it new, in 1980. that  one, I think it was the 3200 or 3600 series,  had a stainless steel canister and it chugged along every day I had it for making smoothies. then I had a hard time finding parts and then---those parts were very expensive so decided to get a new one. I use it regularly for smoothies, making nut butters, grinding grains into flour. Made a soup in it that worked well ony the soup was horrible----made ice cream and milk shakes--excellent!! I used to  juice with a juicer but that isn't good for you ---too much sugar and none of the good pulp,  but it emulsifies into a smooth liquid. And pretty easy to clean too.

Respected Contributor

Re: Next Vitamix TSV

[ Edited ]

@Loves Pink   there is a today only price today. 6/14. k47208.  299.98 plus free shipping.  5 colors available, it is on ITKWD right now.

wow, they just said a $50 e gift card for QVC, too