Valued Contributor

I see the problem more as a percentage thing. If 150,000 sets are sold, and 5,000 people have the problems posted about, I don't necessarily consider it a failed product. A percentage of defects in the manufacturing of any product comes with the territory.

New Contributor
Wow! Yes, I am new to QVC, temp-tation searching and forums of any kind....I asked about the sum of reviews I have gathered in trying to make an educated decision about a product before purchasing. Simply put, where is QVC and temp-tations in the concerns I have read regarding the products. Instead, I get suspicious, pot stirrer, etc. WOW I do not even need to read past the first few ugly comments from such hateful people. I can see clearly this is not a place to get the truth about a product, glorious or dreadful, nor attempt make a final decision about a purchase. Your craziness and ugliness has totally turned me off from even wanting to know about this product at this point. First and last post for sure, I don't do this drama. I am so sorry to have stirred whatever pot was simmering.
Respected Contributor
On 12/9/2014 MariS said: Wow! Yes, I am new to QVC, temp-tation searching and forums of any kind....I asked about the sum of reviews I have gathered in trying to make an educated decision about a product before purchasing. Simply put, where is QVC and temp-tations in the concerns I have read regarding the products. Instead, I get suspicious, pot stirrer, etc. WOW I do not even need to read past the first few ugly comments from such hateful people. I can see clearly this is not a place to get the truth about a product, glorious or dreadful, nor attempt make a final decision about a purchase. Your craziness and ugliness has totally turned me off from even wanting to know about this product at this point. First and last post for sure, I don't do this drama. I am so sorry to have stirred whatever pot was simmering.

MariS, I will tell you my experience with TT . I liked the polka dots. Last year I bought one set of two bakers from the Q. I could not find any more polka dots here that I wanted so went to TT site when they had free shipping and ordered two small bakers and the grab its in red and blue pd. I received all grab its . Called about the small bakers and they only had green left (not a part of my "coordinated kitchen") but they sent them free I received a small grab it in old world green style , called customer service and they apologized and finally sent the correct items (in green). They have been useful ,but certainly NOT coordinated.

This year about a month before the one year guarantee expired I went to use my 8"baker , took it out of my cabinet (not crowded or jammed --a special space I made for my valued cookware) and the small baking platter had cracked in half. I called Q's cs and they said I had to contact TT cs. I did . They said they were out of the small platters but they would send the larger size for $9.95 sh&h . The larger size would of course not fit in the smaller baking rack (thus an Uncoordinated kitchen.) Also I figured if this happened once it could probably happen again. I declined. To me buying more would be a gamble. I unsubscribed from the TT site e-mails and turn the sound off when there is a TT presentation.

Esteemed Contributor
On 12/9/2014 MariS said: Wow! Yes, I am new to QVC, temp-tation searching and forums of any kind....I asked about the sum of reviews I have gathered in trying to make an educated decision about a product before purchasing. Simply put, where is QVC and temp-tations in the concerns I have read regarding the products. Instead, I get suspicious, pot stirrer, etc. WOW I do not even need to read past the first few ugly comments from such hateful people. I can see clearly this is not a place to get the truth about a product, glorious or dreadful, nor attempt make a final decision about a purchase. Your craziness and ugliness has totally turned me off from even wanting to know about this product at this point. First and last post for sure, I don't do this drama. I am so sorry to have stirred whatever pot was simmering.

MariS, I'm sorry this is the introduction you've had to the QVC forums. That's why I suggested in my first post that you go and read the other thread to get a feel for what happens about this product. I've used it, did not have good luck with it, and will not buy any more. Some of us have tried to post our experiences in order to warn people what CAN happen, to some but certainly not all, with this product. It has many, many good ratings, but there are also a lot of problems. However, whenever anyone posts negative things, even questions as you have, about Temp-tations, this is the kind of thing that happens. I don't know exactly why. So I just suggested that you read a lot of reviews of the individual sets and products, because that's where you will get more of the truth about both the good and bad experiences people have, and then decide if you want to try it. You do have the 30-day money back guarantee. You might try it and never have a single problem, but it you find it defective in any way within the first 30 days, QVC will pay the postage for you to return it.

When I first started posting on the forums a couple of years ago, I got a real education, and not in a good way sometimes. For some reason, a lot of people are suspicious of what is called a "newbie", which I don't understand either, because we all had to start out as "newbies". But if you explore the "community", take a look at different forums, and find what else you might be interested in, you will find some really nice, fun, thoughtful, and intelligent people here. And if you decide to post again on a different forum, I hope you find it worth your while. You just have to learn not to take anything too personal, after all, it is an anonymous board. I hope you will decide to give it another try, and that you do have a good experience. As I said, you do have to pick and choose, as there are some forum subsections that are more "volatile" than others, and the same thing goes with some subjects. But there are lots of fun things as well.

Good luck, with both your decision about Temptations, and with your decision whether or not to continue posting. I hope you'll give it a try, and hope to see you on a much more "fun" discussion sometime. Smile

Trusted Contributor

MariS, I too am sorry you had such an experience. People are suspicious of newbies because they are often the ones who start controversial posts or come into the conversation and say things that take the conversation off-track and get people started attacking each other. Of course "oldies" can do that too Smiley Wink

Please hang around the QVC forums as well as read and post on different topics. As you can see there are a few products that people are sensitive about! Eventually you will get a feel for who the troublemakers typically are in the different areas. You can click "Ignore User" so you don't have to read their posts anymore. Why read posts that are always nasty/negative/upsetting? You can always remove the ignore flag later if you find out you may have misjudged them. Sometimes people just have a bad day Smiley Wink

I find that people don't always read the previous posts but jump to the end and comment. Their comments may sound directed to an individual but they often aren't. I usually try to remind myself that I have no idea what has happened to that person that day/week/lifetime and either let it pass over me or put them on ignore. I said usually Smiley Wink

Welcome to the forum and please stay awhile!!

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

KJPA
Not applicable

MariS,

This is my first post, but I wanted to share my Temp-tations experience with you. I have almost every functional piece in the Old World Blue, as well as a set in Harvest and a set in the Christmas pattern. I also have a service for 12 in the Vivid dinnerware pattern. I love them. I am not a fan of the figurral pieces.

I have never had a piece crack, chip or break. I have had a few pieces craze, but I have had other stoneware from other companies craze too. I know there is a bit of controversy about using crazed stoneware, but I do. I have a few pieces that belonged to my great-grandmother that are crazed and I still use them. So far, we have all survived.

I have cooked frozen items on the serving tray, but I have never used my Temp-tations straight from the freezer or fridge. So, I cannot speak to that. But I clean them in the dishwasher and we are not gentle with them.

My husband once knocked my square baker in the rack with the plastic cover on, off the counter. The cover cracked but the baker did not suffer 1 scratch.

I have received a few pieces where I was less than thrilled with the painting. But when I have called their customer service with an issue, they have always sent me out a new item. I have never had to pay a cent and they have never asked me to mail the other item back.

My neighbor finally ordered a Floral Lace set last month, after seeing my sets for years. So far she is thrilled.

If you like the pattern order a small set or an individual item. I think you will like them.

Frequent Contributor
I actually posted the same question not two days ago on the question about dinnerware cracking.. I do not know if they have declined in quality. The pieces I bought were from several years ago. Bistro? or Something similar and an old world tea set. I watch occasionally thinking yep it's pretty. But, no not again. Then, I had the problem with my table. They are out of here. They need to improve the quality. Everyone states they can not finish the bottom of the glaze. Maybe, that is true. But, I take my kids to pottery place and they do it somehow. Yes, it is the same cheap ceramic. That itself needs improved because it does break easily. I agree with you 100%. They should improve the issues it has before someone gets hurt or breaks and damages an oven. I will not be buying it again or recommending it to anyone unless they do..
Honored Contributor

I have many, many sets of Temptations. (Probably too many!) My original purchases have been great. I bought a couple of pieces maybe 3 or 4 years ago and the color I collect was so pale and not at all the same color as original pieces. I stopped buying for this reason and also because of bad reviews and comments here. I had given a few pieces for gifts years ago, but would not take a chance on doing it again.

Occasional Contributor

I got my first set for xmas, so only time will tell I guess...I just hope that if they do break its not while in my hands. I'm optimistic about TT, they do continue to sell very well and have lots of repeat buyers and long time collectors. That gives me some hope. I like to see things for myself so I'm not going to read too much into negative comments on the boards.

So far, I am very pleased with my TT set. It looks great and cleans up easily after I cook something in it. I'm pretty careful/gentle with my stuff, DH is not. wish us luck! LOL

Honored Contributor
On 12/7/2014 KYToby said:

Perhaps I am just cynical by nature, but I find this post suspicious.

I agree. Another troll looking to start a fight. Yawn.