Honored Contributor

Re: Temp-tations? I don't get it.

I've always thought TT looked a lot like Polish Stoneware. Not saying I like it, just that they're similar. No idea though how their quality compares.

Honored Contributor

It seems clear to me this thread was started specifically to try to start a fight - don't fall for it ladies.

Valued Contributor

On 1/4/2015 moonchilde said:

To me, any thread started for the express purpose of declaring/announcing that an item is ugly, the OP wouldn't use, want or wear one, and (by inference) anyone who does like the item has no taste, is very immature emotionally. It's traditionally been teen and 20-somethings who think the world revolves around them, but some people never move past that and the internet points that up now.

Same goes for host-bashing. I'm sure I've said things about hosts that some people would consider bashing, but I don't comment often and I try to describe what in the host's behavior irritates me rather than saying something like so-and-so makes me sick, they're disgusting, etc. This forum is not chatting on your cell or over a Starbuck's with your BFF, which IMO is where that conversation belongs, if you must have it at all.

Clothing, shoes, handbags, jewelry and cosmetics are matters of personal taste and of necessity. Guess you could also say that about anything sold on QVC, really. I can think, and sometimes say, that something isn't to my taste or I wouldn't want it, or like this or that about it in general, but I see no point, other than being deliberately nasty for nasty's sake, in saying things like "That's ugly", only a _____ would wear that", various age-related insults, etc. what's the POINT other than to be deliberately ugly?

I'm no internet forum saint. I have opinions and state them. I do not aspire to be Barney. But I just see no point at all in being ugly just because one can.

You are so right about this! OP is just trying to start something..lol. I find it amusing these days to see what the anti-Temp-tation posters have to say!! They come up with any bashing they can find and start a thread about TT...move on if you don't like the style or Tara!!

Super Contributor

Apparently, Temptations is a pretty popular line with QVC. I have some Temptations pieces, and I like them. Some of the patterns and colors are very pretty. It would appear that " beauty is in the eye of the beholder". I have received many compliments on the pieces I have, and find them to be very versatile. The great thing about QVC-you don't have to order something, if you don't like it.

Valued Contributor

On 1/5/2015 happy housewife said:

It seems clear to me this thread was started specifically to try to start a fight - don't fall for it ladies.

Yes, it's like the one you started over in VP that time about LDO's blouse--your one & only Linea purchase--instead of just writing a review you started a thread to bash him & his customers.

Valued Contributor

On 1/4/2015 kittymomNC said:

I don't buy Temp-tations because I had cracking and crazing problems with all the pieces I had, so it's a quality issue with me. However, even with that happening, I still like the Old World green and the blue, and I was tempted on the cherry pie plate. I might still buy some bowls, but nothing that has to go into the oven. The original limited edition set I have is what I think of as the prettiest set Tara has ever done - cream background, trellis pattern, yellow trim and red roses with green leaves. I personally think it's beautiful, but not available for replacement. I keep it only to use decoratively or as serving pieces for certain things.

So even with the problems I've had and the disappointment and apprehension about buying more, I think this OP's comments are really over the top. There are lots of problems with this line, but there are also thousands of people who use it and love it, and I don't begrudge them that.

I have a family member who I think has every piece, and has had much of it from early on. Some of her pieces do have crazing, but that's not unusual. Classic vintage collectible made-in-America stoneware from the 1930s does as well. It comes with use and differences in temperature. I asked her over the holidays if any of hers had ever cracked or broken and she said no. I don't doubt those who have had it happen, though. I just feel it's relatively rare and some has to be due to user error (not saying yours is). It could also very well be that newer pieces are not made as well as older pieces.

common sense at last!!!!! There are some on here that think only TT has these problems when in fact, all have them! In reality, there is really only a very small percentage of Temp-tation buyers that have any problems and yes, some really have had problems, compared to the millions that have been sold!

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/8/2015 gkelly5744 said:
On 1/4/2015 kittymomNC said:

I don't buy Temp-tations because I had cracking and crazing problems with all the pieces I had, so it's a quality issue with me. However, even with that happening, I still like the Old World green and the blue, and I was tempted on the cherry pie plate. I might still buy some bowls, but nothing that has to go into the oven. The original limited edition set I have is what I think of as the prettiest set Tara has ever done - cream background, trellis pattern, yellow trim and red roses with green leaves. I personally think it's beautiful, but not available for replacement. I keep it only to use decoratively or as serving pieces for certain things.

So even with the problems I've had and the disappointment and apprehension about buying more, I think this OP's comments are really over the top. There are lots of problems with this line, but there are also thousands of people who use it and love it, and I don't begrudge them that.

I have a family member who I think has every piece, and has had much of it from early on. Some of her pieces do have crazing, but that's not unusual. Classic vintage collectible made-in-America stoneware from the 1930s does as well. It comes with use and differences in temperature. I asked her over the holidays if any of hers had ever cracked or broken and she said no. I don't doubt those who have had it happen, though. I just feel it's relatively rare and some has to be due to user error (not saying yours is). It could also very well be that newer pieces are not made as well as older pieces.

common sense at last!!!!! There are some on here that think only TT has these problems when in fact, all have them! In reality, there is really only a very small percentage of Temp-tation buyers that have any problems and yes, some really have had problems, compared to the millions that have been sold!

Instead of talking to me indirectly through other people's posts, why not say what you have to say directly to me? You don't really want to know the true percentages of problems, it might burst your bubble.

Valued Contributor

On 1/4/2015 sunshine45 said:

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

obviously there are many of us who like and use the products. not sure if i would use the word "obsessed". if it isnt your style then move on......plenty of other lines on and off of qvc to choose from.

"many" as in millions! So many other lines out there to choose from...

"fascination"??? Temp-tation is just like any other line of bake ware, it's what appeals to your own taste in a product. it is one of the biggest sellers on the Q and there must be a very good reason for that...people buy it & love it and keep buying it!

Respected Contributor

arbe, arbe, where are you??

Love it when threads are started and then you never hear from the OP again.

Typical.

Esteemed Contributor

Love mine. And thank you, I am no idiot. People who judge me on my dish ware, I care not to mingle with.

Cogito ergo sum