Honored Contributor

Re: Temp-tations? I don't get it.

On 1/4/2015 RedConvertibleGirl said:

If you ""don't get it"" then just don't get it. Simple!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Just my imagination but my, girl, you're not on cloud nine with this product line.

Honored Contributor

To me, any thread started for the express purpose of declaring/announcing that an item is ugly, the OP wouldn't use, want or wear one, and (by inference) anyone who does like the item has no taste, is very immature emotionally. It's traditionally been teen and 20-somethings who think the world revolves around them, but some people never move past that and the internet points that up now.

Same goes for host-bashing. I'm sure I've said things about hosts that some people would consider bashing, but I don't comment often and I try to describe what in the host's behavior irritates me rather than saying something like so-and-so makes me sick, they're disgusting, etc. This forum is not chatting on your cell or over a Starbuck's with your BFF, which IMO is where that conversation belongs, if you must have it at all.

Clothing, shoes, handbags, jewelry and cosmetics are matters of personal taste and of necessity. Guess you could also say that about anything sold on QVC, really. I can think, and sometimes say, that something isn't to my taste or I wouldn't want it, or like this or that about it in general, but I see no point, other than being deliberately nasty for nasty's sake, in saying things like "That's ugly", only a _____ would wear that", various age-related insults, etc. what's the POINT other than to be deliberately ugly?

I'm no internet forum saint. I have opinions and state them. I do not aspire to be Barney. But I just see no point at all in being ugly just because one can.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

I suppose a lot of people enjoy kitchen/dinner items with patterns. So, TempTations.

For me, there's nothing like a set of solid white dishes, serving pieces and cooking pieces. I think the food always looks better when offered on solid white - lets the food be the star of the show.

Trusted Contributor

I wouldn't say it's "ugly".........just that most of it looks like what it is: cheaply made and decorated import stoneware! There are numerous threads, posts, and reviews here about cracking, breakage, inconsistent paint decoration, and other quality problems. You can buy stuff that looks very similar at Big Lots or WalMart for way less........so where's the attraction? And it seems some people start collecting and don't stop until they have multiple patterns and sets in various colors, patterns, shapes, and configurations. How much bakeware can one use, anyhow? What's the draw? I don't get it, either!

Honored Contributor

Taking note of the number of posts this poster had submitted, I suspect troll.

So while it is a waste of key strokes, I, as a ten year realistic fan of the product will respond.

The fascination is that some do like the various patterns. Many like the fact that you can have an entire kitchen of dishes and accessories that match (or coordinate) at a reasonable price.

The quality is inconsistent, but the warranty pretty good, so some people keep buying. The older stuff isn't better, some if it is very prone to crazing and thinner than some of the new stuff. The line has always been inconsistent, and less than top quality. You get what you pay for.

Many collectors could say that most of the clothing, handbags and shoes that are on the market today are ugly and junk as well, but people still buy based on their personal preferences and financial ability.

OP needs to try again, this was way to obvious.

Contributor

I am not a fan of Temptations at all. I used to buy a lot of Polish Stoneware and loved that. Seems to me Temptations (a poor imitation IMO) was heavily phased in as Polish Stoneware was dropped.

Honored Contributor

On 1/4/2015 moonchilde said:

To me, any thread started for the express purpose of declaring/announcing that an item is ugly, the OP wouldn't use, want or wear one, and (by inference) anyone who does like the item has no taste, is very immature emotionally. It's traditionally been teen and 20-somethings who think the world revolves around them, but some people never move past that and the internet points that up now.

Same goes for host-bashing. I'm sure I've said things about hosts that some people would consider bashing, but I don't comment often and I try to describe what in the host's behavior irritates me rather than saying something like so-and-so makes me sick, they're disgusting, etc. This forum is not chatting on your cell or over a Starbuck's with your BFF, which IMO is where that conversation belongs, if you must have it at all.

Clothing, shoes, handbags, jewelry and cosmetics are matters of personal taste and of necessity. Guess you could also say that about anything sold on QVC, really. I can think, and sometimes say, that something isn't to my taste or I wouldn't want it, or like this or that about it in general, but I see no point, other than being deliberately nasty for nasty's sake, in saying things like "That's ugly", only a _____ would wear that", various age-related insults, etc. what's the POINT other than to be deliberately ugly?

I'm no internet forum saint. I have opinions and state them. I do not aspire to be Barney. But I just see no point at all in being ugly just because one can.

Well-said but totally wasted on this trollish OP.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/5/2015 suzyQ3 said:
On 1/4/2015 moonchilde said:

Well-said but totally wasted on this trollish OP.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

LOL, I'm more surprised that the OP waited for 2 years to become shocked.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*