Occasional Contributor

Temp-tations? I don't get it.

For those obsessed with Temp-tations, please tell me what is the fascination? This line of cookware/bakeware is the ugliest stuff I've ever seen. Why anyone would want to clutter up a kitchen with this hideous junk is beyond me. Ugh!

Honored Contributor

Re: Temp-tations? I don't get it.

obviously there are many of us who like and use the products. not sure if i would use the word ""obsessed"". if it isnt your style then move on......plenty of other lines on and off of qvc to choose from.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I only have a four piece set but I like it. I've seen the floral lace when someone brought a dish to pass at work and thought it was very pretty. You've used some rather harsh language for a popular product, and I doubt that you will change the minds of those that love the brand.

Super Contributor

Well, I wouldn't go as far as saying it's ugly. Personally, I preferred the Polish Stoneware that they used to sell on QVC, but Temp-tations took over and pushed it out completely. However, it was quite pricey, though the quality of Temp-tations cannot compare to Polish Stoneware. I have been married since the mid '70's, so I have quite a collection of Corningware and Pyrex, which I would never think of getting rid of just to replace it with Temp-tations. I do have some pieces of Temp-tations and Polish Stoneware , which were given to me as gifts. I have not had the problems that some customers have said that they have with the Temp-tations line. You do get more for your money with Temp-tations, than you would with purchasing Corningware in this day and age.

Respected Contributor

Please, don't anyone get offended by this. Or try to defend themselves. Some things are just too silly to acknowledge.

Honored Contributor

Seriously? I don't even own any Temptations, but this is the sort of OP that deserves to be poofed for plainly inappropriate expression, period. It says much about the poster and their maturity level, not to mention their apparent inability to express themselves without deliberate antagonism.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I don't buy Temp-tations because I had cracking and crazing problems with all the pieces I had, so it's a quality issue with me. However, even with that happening, I still like the Old World green and the blue, and I was tempted on the cherry pie plate. I might still buy some bowls, but nothing that has to go into the oven. The original limited edition set I have is what I think of as the prettiest set Tara has ever done - cream background, trellis pattern, yellow trim and red roses with green leaves. I personally think it's beautiful, but not available for replacement. I keep it only to use decoratively or as serving pieces for certain things.

So even with the problems I've had and the disappointment and apprehension about buying more, I think this OP's comments are really over the top. There are lots of problems with this line, but there are also thousands of people who use it and love it, and I don't begrudge them that.

Honored Contributor

On 1/4/2015 kittymomNC said:

I don't buy Temp-tations because I had cracking and crazing problems with all the pieces I had, so it's a quality issue with me. However, even with that happening, I still like the Old World green and the blue, and I was tempted on the cherry pie plate. I might still buy some bowls, but nothing that has to go into the oven. The original limited edition set I have is what I think of as the prettiest set Tara has ever done - cream background, trellis pattern, yellow trim and red roses with green leaves. I personally think it's beautiful, but not available for replacement. I keep it only to use decoratively or as serving pieces for certain things.

So even with the problems I've had and the disappointment and apprehension about buying more, I think this OP's comments are really over the top. There are lots of problems with this line, but there are also thousands of people who use it and love it, and I don't begrudge them that.

I have a family member who I think has every piece, and has had much of it from early on. Some of her pieces do have crazing, but that's not unusual. Classic vintage collectible made-in-America stoneware from the 1930s does as well. It comes with use and differences in temperature. I asked her over the holidays if any of hers had ever cracked or broken and she said no. I don't doubt those who have had it happen, though. I just feel it's relatively rare and some has to be due to user error (not saying yours is). It could also very well be that newer pieces are not made as well as older pieces.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

If you ""don't get it"" then just don't get it. Simple!

Honored Contributor

I don't find it attractive either, but then there are things I find attractive that are repugnant to others.

That's the way it works - different people like different stuff.

No need to make it personal.