Honored Contributor

Temp-tations Cooking Buddy One Day Only Beware

Temp-tations has a one day only with their Cooking Buddy today. I have several of the originals and love them.

But watch the shipping. They are $3 for all the others, but the TT one's today are $5.50.

That's just plain and simple a rip off. I called CS and they were worthless in getting the shipping changed.

Respected Contributor

Re: Temp-tations Cooking Buddy One Day Only Beware

@Mominohio wrote:

Temp-tations has a one day only with their Cooking Buddy today. I have several of the originals and love them.

But watch the shipping. They are $3 for all the others, but the TT one's today are $5.50.

That's just plain and simple a rip off. I called CS and they were worthless in getting the shipping changed.

In my experience,  at all companies, CS never has the authority to set or change prices. What havoc that would create.

As for Q's pricing policy,  that's another discussion.  But CS doesn't set item prices or shipping charges.

Honored Contributor

@MominohioWeird -  Yes, even with the higher shipping, those items are less than they would have been without the sale, but why were they priced higher with higher shipping to begin with?

There are others not on sale that are less expensive to begin with and have the $3 shipping -  I think you can save up to $.53 including sales tax in a state like NY by buying the other towels.

If I wanted just one and liked the sale towels better, I'd buy those, but if I wanted to buy a dozen for some reason, wouldn't I just buy the ones not on sale?  I wouldn't really be saving $2.50 each though -  just that $.53 on each one.

I shop that way -  something I'll spend more to get exactly what I want, sometimes I won't.   

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@MominohioWeird -  Yes, even with the higher shipping, those items are less than they would have been without the sale, but why were they priced higher with higher shipping to begin with?

There are others not on sale that are less expensive to begin with and have the $3 shipping -  I think you can save up to $.53 including sales tax in a state like NY by buying the other towels.

If I wanted just one and liked the sale towels better, I'd buy those, but if I wanted to buy a dozen for some reason, wouldn't I just buy the ones not on sale?  I wouldn't really be saving $2.50 each though -  just that $.53 on each one.

I shop that way -  something I'll spend more to get exactly what I want, sometimes I won't.   

I do agree @millieshops, we definitely aren't talking big savings, but Q is playing games, and that is what makes me mad.

Mark it up to mark it down (not here but we've all seen it in retail), have a sale, but jack up the shipping (here on this item). I just find it to be something that should be beneath QVC standards, makes them look 'shady' and is very displeasing to me.

I agree with you too, that to get the color/pattern/style I want, I will often pay more for an item as well. It just rubs me the wrong way that shipping in general is going back up here, and especially when they are exactly the same items, just different item numbers and stitching on the front varies. I don't like to be nickeled and dimed to death.

Trusted Contributor

There is nothing to beware of, and this is not a ripoff.

QVC is up front with its pricing.  You know the price.  Buy it if you want it; don't buy it if you do not want it.  It's as simple as that.

As hard as it is for some to believe, QVC is a business, and it must make a profit (or else it will shut down).  You, as the consumer, have the ultimate decision power in your own hands.  You clearly know what the price is -- as does anyone who looks at the item -- so stop accusing QVC of some nefarious plot to harm humanity.

Valued Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

QVC is up front with its pricing.  You know the price.  Buy it if you want it; don't buy it if you do not want it.  It's as simple as that.

As hard as it is for some to believe, QVC is a business, and it must make a profit (or else it will shut down).  You, as the consumer, have the ultimate decision power in your own hands.  You clearly know what the price is -- as does anyone who looks at the item -- so stop accusing QVC of some nefarious plot to harm humanity.

Exactly KYToby!  Q is "up front" about the prcing..either you want the product or not and pay the price including the shipping!  

Valued Contributor

KYToby, do you work for the Q?  Your responses are always defensive when someone posts something negative about them.

Honored Contributor

@KYToby wrote:

How about you stop following me from one post to another and tellling me what to believe is or is not a rip off.

Respected Contributor

Well it does show on the screen when the presentation is on, not sure a warning is warrented, but yes it's very odd.  

I would have assumed that they don't make money on the shipping, but that's obviously not true.   It's kind of like changing the amount of tax as well.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*