Honored Contributor

@BeccaLou wrote:

@jackthebear Where did you find this Hot water Machine ? Does it process the tea also ?

amazon,

it's acutally made for tea of all kinds,  it's a thing in Japan

you fill them up water gets hot , then you add water to  your cup

Panasonic-Electric Thermo Pot 12-Cup White Electric Kettle with Temperature Control

sadly I can't link this, but search for Panasonic water boiler

I ordered a back up , if the current one dies 

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear I'll bet ours are made by the same manufacturer, just different brand labels and features on different models.

Don't you love it?  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@jackthebear I'll bet ours are made by the same manufacturer, just different brand labels and features on different models.

I do love it actually, I do drink a lot of tea,  and does the mr

and we went thru a lot of electric kettles 

Honored Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

I do love it actually, I do drink a lot of tea,  and does the mr

and we went thru a lot of electric kettles 

@jackthebear Have loved electric kettles for years, but finally got fed up with filling them, emptying leftover water, not knowing how full to fill it, steam facials when emptying them, they are heavy when full, etc. etc.

Now in addition to all the tea I want, I keep some Bob's Red Mill instant oatmeal in the cups for "those mornings" and it is so nice!  LOL!!  Regular is good too, but sometimes throwing away that cup makes me SO happy!  Woman Embarassed  Lazy woman!  Lazy woman! 

Respected Contributor

@Sooner   I just wanted to give you thumbs up for your reference to Anthony from Designing Women.   

I love the "unfortunate incarceration" comment.  No matter how many times he said that it always made me laugh.   

Esteemed Contributor

Just curious.  Am I the only one who boils water in the microwave for my tea??  I use a pyrex measuring cup.  The water heats quickly and I just pour it over the tea.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@shoesnbags That's how I make mine, too. I drink tea every day...Hot in the morning and iced in the afternoon. However, the water boiling pot sounds awesome! Since we're on the subject of tea, where do you all recommend buying good loose tea from? I ordered from Adagio a few months ago but shipping was way too slow. Also have some from Teavana that I like. I also like several flavors from Churchills Fine Teas at Findlay Market in Cincinnati....online ordering, too.  I love a good Irish Breakfast tea, Golden Monkey (both black teas) and good green teas.

Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

Just curious.  Am I the only one who boils water in the microwave for my tea??  I use a pyrex measuring cup.  The water heats quickly and I just pour it over the tea.

I also use the microwave.  2 minutes and the water is the perfect temp to steep.  I have a little metal tea strainer with a curved handle that hooks on to the side of the cup....either put my tea bag in it or loose tea.

Respected Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

I was told to always use fresh cold water in a kettle, boil it then let it rest for a minute to allow it to cool some.  You dont want to burn the delicate tea leaves.  This applies to green tea which is my tea of choice.  I was told this by a well known tea store in my area.

Honored Contributor

@05gage25 wrote:

@shoesnbags That's how I make mine, too. I drink tea every day...Hot in the morning and iced in the afternoon. However, the water boiling pot sounds awesome! Since we're on the subject of tea, where do you all recommend buying good loose tea from? I ordered from Adagio a few months ago but shipping was way too slow. Also have some from Teavana that I like. I also like several flavors from Churchills Fine Teas at Findlay Market in Cincinnati....online ordering, too.  I love a good Irish Breakfast tea, Golden Monkey (both black teas) and good green teas.

@05gage25 Harney Teas are good and they have lots of flavors--and they are on 20 percent off everything today and probably tomorrow as well! I think their Irish Breakfast is a little weak.

Upton Tea is a particular favorite of mine!  They have many many teas and very good descriptions of them, and their samples are wonderful!  It's fun to get several and compare--and they'll put your name, the date and instructions on the label.

Cultured Cup in Dallas is really top notch and they have Mariage Freres teas--French flavored teas that in my opinion are THE best I've ever tried.

Elmwood Inn tea in Kentucky is very good and reliable.

Smith Tea is a little quirky but has good and interesting offerings and beautiful glassware.

The English Tea Store has brands like Bewleys, Barrys, Yorkshire (I love Yorkshire Gold!), Twinings (great teas and usually available locally), and PG Tips as well as their own blends.

I could go on. . . but won't!  Woman Very Happy  You'll have fun looking at these sites!