Contributor

Hello. I do not own a Keurig. 

I wanted to know if anyone uses bottled Alkaline water or bottled water?

Honored Contributor

I use bottled water.  My mother uses tap water.  She uses hers way more than I do and hasn't had any issues.

Super Contributor

I have had my Keurig for many years and only used bottled water and have never had a problem with the machine.  I have 4 - 1 gallon bottles and fill them at a water store (NOT the machines outside stores).  The water store clean their filters every month and the water is crystal clear and only costs 30 cents a gallon. 

Honored Contributor

Filtered water and descale once a year with vinegar. I have one of the oriiginal Keurig TSV from 2008 which had no filter or descaling pods. Knock wood, still using it. 

Honored Contributor

I use tap water with no problems. 

Honored Contributor

I fill the small lock and lock pitcher with water from the filtered refrigerator water. Set it next to the Keurig. Used Keurig for several years.

Contributor
We use tap water. When i bought the aquasana electric filter from QVC our tap water is now filtered.
Honored Contributor

I bought this Keurig last year at this time.  Previously I had the mini for several years and it was still working.  I use filtered water.  Also, I have started using the Keurig rinse pods since I make flavored coffees.  I think the filter is lasting longer by using these.

Esteemed Contributor

@Daysdee

Is a rinse pod just meant to keep the machine cleaner?

Just purchased my first Keurig with the TSV.

I will not be using this every day as I am the only one in a family of four that drinks coffee.

Is this necessary. How often do you use the rinse pod? Just wondering.

Respected Contributor

I use filtered or distilled water, buy them in the gallon containers and have not had any issues with my Keurig.