Respected Contributor

I just pitched my old one. Really old; couldn't remove the plates.

I'm single and live alone. Don't know if I have room for this one.

Opinions please!

Respected Contributor

it's a pass for me. These appliances always sound good, but in reality I am not messing with plates and don't have room to store more cooking appliances, even if they are supposed to replace 5 others. I got the little cooker Merideth had as a TSV this summer. Was just sure it was my answer for making smaller meals. I have managed to make 5 lousy meals and hate it. So I am keeping my fingers away from the speed buy keys! Lol About the only purchase I have made that lived up to its hype is my Ninja roaster/slow cooker/cook top oven. I actually use it often and got rid of my old crock pot and an electric oven, so I gained some cabinet space.

Respected Contributor

It is a "Pass" for me too.  

I just cleaned off a shelf in the garage and got ride of alot of the "Big Bulky Stuff"...That I NEVER USE and why on earth did I purchase them in the first place...???

***NOW GONE ARE:  

1-Cuisinart 2lb Breadmaker...

1-QVC Electric Pressure Cooker...

1-NESCO Big Turkey Oven or what ever it is?  

I used it once. (Remember when QVC sold them/)

1-Cuisinart Ice Cream Marker...

My husband, "Surprised" me with it. Oh, joy,joy!  I don't    even eat ice cream???  And if he wants ice cream...Go    buy some.  It was never, ever used.  

My sister-in-law, wanted everything.  She said it is like Christmas!  And I say....Thank You!  

Trusted Contributor

I question the ability to keep this clean.   If you use 2 plates, it can be cleaned.  But when you use only the bottom plate to broil doesn't the inside lid get spattered and dirty?    Not easy to keep clean.  

Esteemed Contributor

I got rid of my old one because I rarely used it.....I doubt I will be buying another one....I 'forgot' the drip tray a few times and had grease all over...

Honored Contributor

I'm passing on it too.  I like the idea of the broil feature, but don't need the waffle plates or another grill.  I'm sure they will improve it and come out with another model in time.

Respected Contributor

@Bellabutterfly wrote:

It is a "Pass" for me too.  

I just cleaned off a shelf in the garage and got ride of alot of the "Big Bulky Stuff"...That I NEVER USE and why on earth did I purchase them in the first place...???

***NOW GONE ARE:  

1-Cuisinart 2lb Breadmaker...

1-QVC Electric Pressure Cooker...

1-NESCO Big Turkey Oven or what ever it is?  

I used it once. (Remember when QVC sold them/)

1-Cuisinart Ice Cream Marker...

My husband, "Surprised" me with it. Oh, joy,joy!  I don't    even eat ice cream???  And if he wants ice cream...Go    buy some.  It was never, ever used.  

My sister-in-law, wanted everything.  She said it is like Christmas!  And I say....Thank You!  

@Bellabutterfly lol... I could toss a few things her way too! A pressure cooker, apple peeler, that darn little cooker I fell for, and several other space hogs I don't use...

Honored Contributor

I know this is going to sound rather petty but I have had both George Foreman Grills and the TSV OptiGrill that QVC offered and had a severe problem (especially with the OptiGrill with whatever you are making sliding off of the cook surface as they didn't include those "bumps" that are on today's TSV and it was a race against time to get your meal on the grill and get the grill plate down to secure it).  That version of the OptiGrill was a nightmare and I couldn't send it back fast enough.

I personally have tried to like these appliances but I have given up especially since they introduced the non-stick ceramic plates as I was tired of chasing my food around.  If you watching closely in the demonstrations you will see it and again petty alert . . . Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor
@NYwoman I also question what would be involved with cleaning the broiler part.

I was planning to purchase but changed my mind because it is quite large and would take up a considerable amount of my very limited counter space. If I put it in a closet, doubt I will want to continually take it in and out. Hope those who purchase it get enough use to justify the purchase.
Honored Contributor

We purchased the TSV, our first QVC purchase in a very long time. It will replace our 20+-year-old basic GF grill. We'll store it where we have the current one.

The price was very, very good. As for the broiler, the rep did show how you wipe it off. Besides, the broiler function is handy but not crucial to us.

We will enjoy the removable plates. I don't envision their being too difficult to clean, certainly better than our current without them.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland