Esteemed Contributor

Re: THE RIDICULOUS PRICE OF SALMON

Would it maybe be cheaper at Costco? I've never bought fish of any kind ever so I wouldn't know if it's a good price or not, nor would I know if it's tasty because all fish is just yuck to me unless it's deep fried like fish and chips. 

Respected Contributor

north georgia mountains

salmon6-2-22.jpg

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Respected Contributor

Aldis  frequently features salmon at $9.99 a pound. I really like their smoked Salmon for bagels and lox once and awhile. 

Trusted Contributor

Farmed salmon fillet at Trader Joe's is still $9.99/lb.   Wild salmon is more.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

I don't know what the usual price of salmon is, it's not something I'd normally buy until a few months back.  I ordered the Egg Harbor TSV, thought it was high but others were commenting that it was a decent price.  Now I'm glad I locked in the A/D for a couple more shipments.  

@JeanLouiseFinch   ME TOO...  very tasty,  healthy and priced well.   I'm on AD too.  I wish they would offer ones with the skin,  which when made properly,  is so good. 

Honored Contributor

I don't think the price at Wegmans was bad: $5.05 for a "fresh Atlantic salmon filet."  It's okay for a nice meal once in a while, even for people who didn't have a banner year in the stock market.  Smiley Wink  

Honored Contributor

If I can find a piece that feeds two for under $15, I buy it.

Honored Contributor

Like everyone I have watched prices go up, up, up!  Fish no exception!  Seems farm raised salmon is cheaper....but fresh more.....hey, it is a food that is good for your health!  Pay more for that is healthy and look for bargains on other stuff.  IF YOU SEE Copper River Salmon...not cheap...BUT, SO GOOD.  This special salmon only comes in this time of year for few weeks.  My store had it for $29.95 lb.  I did not care.  My seafood guy laughed...he knows!!  I took two portions for husband and myself...came to $20....if we went out to eat...more $$.  Worth it to me...my salmon treat.  You get what you pay for as they say!  This Alaskan salmon is worth it.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Copper River Salmon is wonderful.  I just checked at a local market and it is $49.99 a pound.  

Respected Contributor

My Fresh Thyme had salmon for $8.99 last week. I thought that was reasonable.