Super Contributor

Re: Still having problems with my new KA food processor (help, please)

On 2/5/2015 Lynnj said: I don't have this, but just wondering....have you tried setting it to the thinnest setting to see what kind of slice you get? Maybe the settings inside the machine have been set up incorrectly when it was built. You say you get paper thin slices on thickest setting, maybe you will get thick slices on thinnest setting?
Lynnj...that's a good thought. If that's the case, it would be a manufacturer's defect - so keep your fingers crossed for me that maybe it's my own error and simply a matter of user error. Smiley Wink. I will keep you all posted.
Occasional Contributor

Did you look on page 12 of the instruction book? It shows you how to assemble the drive & slicing adapters. The disc adapter is used with dicing & shredding discs. Hope you get it to work. Make sure you attach the slicing adapter to the adjustable slicing disc before you put it on the drive adapter in the bowl. It shows you how to do this on page 12.

Super Contributor

Yippie! I wanted to let you all know that I realized that I was doing the exact same thing that the You Tube lady was doing until she figured out proper set-up. In the video she explained setup very clearly. (Thanks for the link Nomless!!!) I played around slicing all kinds of stuff this afternoon and had a blast! Now my next step will be to try using the smaller bowl. (Still haven't been successful there). So now I can count myself among the very happy KA food processor owners! Smiley Very Happy Thanks to everyone that came to my rescue. I KNEW that it was just my 'user error' !!! Smiley Wink
Respected Contributor

Yay, Benzgirl. It's great you figured it out!!

Trusted Contributor

I was so afraid after reading these threads that I waited over a week to take it out of the box! Then I was afraid i couldn't get the dicer kit open, but I reread these threads and I got it open with no trouble at all. I got everything opened and closed again, so now I guess I need to try it out and see if I can get mine to turn on (as that seems to be the problem today)! So much trauma, but it IS a beautiful HUGE machine (that I probably didn't need), but am really looking forward to getting it going.

I even bought a food processor cookbook from Amazon to make sure I could find things to make. Once I confirm I can make it start, the only other problem I have is where to store the blades. I have the machine on top of the refrigerator, because it is too big to store on the counter and I was afraid that if I stored it in the garage, it wouldn't get used.

Thank to all of you who posted the tps and techniques.

Super Contributor

On 2/9/2015 Lisa now in AZ said:

I was so afraid after reading these threads that I waited over a week to take it out of the box! Then I was afraid i couldn't get the dicer kit open, but I reread these threads and I got it open with no trouble at all. I got everything opened and closed again, so now I guess I need to try it out and see if I can get mine to turn on (as that seems to be the problem today)! So much trauma, but it IS a beautiful HUGE machine (that I probably didn't need), but am really looking forward to getting it going.

I even bought a food processor cookbook from Amazon to make sure I could find things to make. Once I confirm I can make it start, the only other problem I have is where to store the blades. I have the machine on top of the refrigerator, because it is too big to store on the counter and I was afraid that if I stored it in the garage, it wouldn't get used.

Thank to all of you who posted the tps and techniques.

LOL Lisa. I didn't need it either, but have watched these presentations for the last couple of years and really wanted a food processor for at least that long. Even though I don't really have room for mine on the kitchen counter top, that's where she sits - and I have admired her every day. Wink My REAL problem is where to put those two huge storage containers that hold the blades. Right now they are sitting in the laundry room, just off my kitchen and on top of my dryer. A minor inconvenience as every time I want to do laundry I have to move them again! {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Not applicable

I feel your pain. My husband and I both tried and failed many times trying to get this processor together. I still can't get the dicer correct and I am putting the blades in correctly, it's the lid I can't get on correct.

I have to decide in the next couple of days but I think it's going back. I did read one person called Kitchenaid and they told her to return it. I may have bad seals also.

FYI...the person that recommended you watch the videos has NO IDEA how frustrating this is. I think I"m just going to use the madolin for the rest of my life.

Frequent Contributor

After reading this thread I thought I'd better get moving and open mine. It took both hands and all my force to even get the lid to interlock to the base. I was unable to push the buttons to get it to start. I tried my knuckles. I gave up and went to the reviews. I was not the only one who had trouble. Now with this thread? I give up. I have 30 days to return. Well I may not get around to using it in the next 2 weeks. Besides even my husband had trouble with the lid. Unless it can shovel snow its going back!