Honored Contributor

Re: Still Buying Fiestaware (aka Fiestaware thread, Part 2)

@wismiss---hi wismiss--no I am not looking to buy more yet--am waiting til next month as I heard that Xmas pieces will be offered for sale--love the cute dishes that are shaped like light  bulbs for the tree and may get a few of those. Have seen them online at a few websites tho----

Trusted Contributor

wagirl:  I just looked at Everything Kitchens and those are cute.  I don't know how much they are on other sites, but they have them for $19.99.  They only offer them in six colors---lemongrass, scarlet, shamrock, mulberry, lapis, and turquoise.  Do other sites have more colors and different prices?

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

@wismiss--yes, but can't rmember what other sites; but the same colors and think I've seen them for a few dollars less-----they are cute --prob would get the Xmas colors to go with my very few Xmas lights pieces---don't want too many tho--just a few. will let you know if my monkey brain remembers!

Esteemed Contributor

In case anyone is interested, fiestafactorydirect.com just launched a 15% off sale on all Halloween items. It's not much of a discount, but they do tend to sell out of seasonal items somewhat quickly and there is a new Halloween design...

Trusted Contributor

Well, I guess my age is showing.  I am having new trim put in my house.  I emptied my hutch (full of Fiestaware) so the carpenter could move the hutch to put new baseboards down. 

While packing the pieces, I enjoyed looking at all the colors.  And, I found out that I like the older colors.The new colors just don't appeal to me.   I have not bought any colors from the time lapis was introduced to the present day.  I prefer the colors like persimmon, chartreuse, turquoise, marigold, juniper, etc.

Anybody else find the new colors just don't appeal to them?

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Honored Contributor

@wismiss----as a new convert to fiesta ware--about 3 years now---I love all the colors and have many of the newer ones and a few of the retired ones too. My fave is the poppy color, not so fave is the sage green. I lean toward the warm colors like the persimmon , paprika,  I love the shamrock green and have a few different purples too. Have black and choc and love the foundry grey and slate too. I have a few pieces of the skull and vines in both colors,  got a bunch in the rose/ flamingo pink for DD ----but I don't have any white---hmmm, may have to do something about that Woman Wink Just found some chili bowls on E*bay that were older colors I didn't have. BTW---those bowls are so cute and I use them often. Would love to display it all in my kitchen--just makes me smile

Trusted Contributor

Hi to everyone!

I can't believe that next month is already time for the new color to be announced. 

I did not get any meadow, the new color announced last January. 

My most recent purchase was 2 small oval platters, (ivory and daffodil) and we have found that to be such a great plate for appetizers or small lunch.  It is nice to use as an underplate too, for instance, with the jumbo cup.  We now have 8 total, each a different color.  I think this group of 8 is my favorite:  turquoise, white, flamingo, lemongrass, lapis, sunflower, ivory, daffodil. 

I really like the daffodil, and since I have a fruit bowl in the retired marigold color, I was anxious to compare the two.  They are really very close.  The marigold is a little more orange to me. 

It is nice that Fiesta is now sold on QVC too!

Regular Contributor

The time is drawing near and I'm dying to know what the new color will be this year. 

Meadow (green) last year, and wasn't the previous year Mulberry?

Any guesses?

Trusted Contributor

@JannyRee& everyone,

Yes, meadow was the new color in 2019, and mulberry was the new color in 2018.  2017 was daffodil, and I recently got my first daffodil piece. 

I don't think the 2020 color will be a green, as there are 3 now, lemongrass, shamrock and meadow.  Although I have seen some requests for a jade or a teal shade, and they could surprise us. 

I have also seen requests for pink.  Flamingo was a rather short lived color, and it is one of my favorites. 

Tangerine was discontinued, but there is poppy.  Maybe it could be an orange shade. 

There are only 2 blues, cobalt and lapis.  Turquoise is their perfect blue/green shade, another of my favorites.  I don't really count it as a blue.  But I guess I should put it in the blue catagory. 

Well, you can tell, I have no idea what the new color will be!

Trusted Contributor

butterscotchfiesta.jpg