Super Contributor

Re: Still Buying Fiestaware (aka Fiestaware thread, Part 2)

Hi Everybody,

Just received a post on Facebook. Daffodil is now available for presale on the HL website!

Trusted Contributor

Hi, Everyone.  Thought I would just drop in.  My sister is still here but is going to leave a week from today.  I will miss her immensely.  It seems so strange----it's always been the three of us and now it is just the two of us.  She is "adopting" my brother's dog and one of the cats.  My ex is "adopting" the other two cats and my Schatzi (who has been staying with my ex so I could stay at my brother's home) will be coming back to me.  We are doing the cat switch on Sunday.  Anyway, Chadsworth (the dog) is a pug/Boston terrier combo and cannot fly because of his pug snout.  They want them to be in a pressurized cabin but he is too big for carry on.  Amtrak also has a limit of 20 pounds for an animal, (he weighs 40 pounds), so my sister is going to drive back to California.  My cousin is going to go with her so she isn't traveling by herself.  

Looks like not too much is happening in Fiestaland.  I do like daffodil compared to some of the other relatively new releases.  I'm just not a "bright, bright" color person, so I will probably get one or two pieces in daffodil, but that will be it.

Take care, everyone.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Super Contributor

@wismiss Learn something new every day. I never knew that about a dog with a pug snout. Hope it all worked out okay.

I am a bright color person now, I wasn't always, but I am now. Not too many pieces available for preorder right now at HL. I am waiting for the canisters. 

Trusted Contributor

Apple Crisp:  So nice to hear from you.  What has happened to this thread?  It can go days without a post.  It used to be that posts were fast and furious.  But, I am glad you replied.

Yes, I think I will always learn something new every day for as long as I live.  It makes sense, though, that pug nosed breeds may not be able to get enough oxygen if flying in cargo.  My sister and I were surprised how many breeds cannot fly in cargo on airplanes because of their nose.  Even Chadsworth's vet said "no", so it is a legitimate concern.

I'm probably considerably older than you and the pastel colors were popular in my "growing up" life, the jewel tones in my early adult life, and now the brights in my later years.  So, it's taking me a while to get used to the brights.  They do brighten up a table, though, don't they?

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Trusted Contributor

Received an e-mail from HL today.  They now have 4 and 5 piece place settings in black, plum, and peacock.  

Hmmmmmm......maybe we need to reinstate the Fiestanista detectives to ferret out that inventory that HL seems to "find" hidden in those back corners of the warehouse.  

Super Contributor

@wismiss I don't think you are older than I am. I am a senior citizen! Sad, but true!!!

I got an email from HL. The daffodil bud vase and small vase are in stock and ready to ship. I am holding off on buying anything until they have everything I need as I don't want to pay shipping and handling.

I saw that email about the plum, peacock, and black. I don't do place settings. I buy individual pieces that I need. 

I remember how I waited for claret and thought they would never get everything in, but they did eventually. So I just have to be patient and wait on daffodil.

Hope your pet switching is all done and that you have a great weekend.

Trusted Contributor

Hi ladies!  Sorry I haven't been in here much; no time...

@wismiss glad you're doing OK.

Happy Belated Mother's Day to everyone; we celebrated my dad's 90th and nephew's college graduation and 22nd; they were born one day and a few years apart.

d3983dbbb36ce655dd15b1f8da061855.gif

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Super Contributor

@Meezerpleezer Hi! How are you doing? Haven't heard from you in a while. Hope all is well.

Respected Contributor

@Apple Crisp@kutira@wismiss@shoekitty@oceantown  Hi to everyone!  I haven't been here much because I am really busy and because I don't have anything really to write about.  I probably won't be buying any Fiesta until the Fall because I would like to get the snowman plates (maybe).  Daffodil sample plates are out in the stores.  I saw one at Belks and at Dillards last week.  It reminded me of Marigold but not quite as much of a brown tone.  Think of a Duke Mayonnaise lid (Dukes= extremely popular mayo in the South).

In the meantime, school is still in session and I am babysitting a flat of homegrown tomato plants.  The seeds were harvested from last year's tomatoes (heirloom) and they are sort of hard to get.  I don't feel that the weather is trustworthy yet to put them outside.  In addition, DH and I have a slew of doc appts.  It seems that some thing comes up every week.  DH was diagnosed with some kind of kidney problem and he has gone overboard with what he will not eat.  Naturally, it is almost everything in the house.  Try and find low prepared/canned/packaged/fresh or frozen food without (or low in) sodium, potassium or phosphorus.  It is amazing.  For example, raw potatoes, bananas and tomatoes are all "bad".  In any case, I already told him that we might as well get rid of everything, go on a water diet and just die a slow death.  For DH, anything worth doing is worth overdoing.  Hopefully, he will moderate himself soon...

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Meezerpleezer I was in my local Belk's on Monday, no daffodil samples as yet, but they did have a sign that said it was coming in June. I will be going to Publix today and I will look for a Duke's mayonnaise jar before I do anything else!😀

I have to improve my kidney function, too, and I have found that eating apples, and drinking cranberry juice helps. I stopped eating cold cuts and all processed foods. Good luck to you helping him on that diet. Hope he improves!