Trusted Contributor

Re: Still Buying Fiestaware (aka Fiestaware thread, Part 2)

@oceantown, your fruitcake looks delicious and the Fiesta makes it look so festive and special.  I'm like meezer, I eat some fruitcake but not all.  There are some things that some people put in that I don't like.  The mother my best friend in high school made her fruitcake in November and wrapped it in a brandy soaked towel until Christmas.  Needless to say, I didn't like that one.

I hope you enter the Pryde's contest.  You have a natural ability to stage food with Fiesta.  Am I mistaken-------didn't you post a coffee cake that you had made? Your scones are always so tempting, too.  Or, what about making your little muffins in the egg plate?  I know you will come up with a lot more creative thoughts than I.  Good luck.

@shoesnbags, I also watched every episode of the Mentalist and did not realize that his cup was Fiesta. 

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Trusted Contributor

Hi, Everyone.  Kutira, that was a very appetizing picture from the HL facebook page.  I wish I was that talented and could make such a presentation.  Do you think some of those pieces are slate?  CONGRATULATIONS on winning the Fiesta thread poster award.  Sometimes it is difficult to get everyone together, isn't it?  But, when it happens, it is a very special time for all.

Meezer,  it is with a humble heart that I accept your award.  You are always so supportive and loyal to our thread, so I think you win the Appreciation Award from all of the Fiestanistas. 

You are really observant.  I have watched the movie a couple of times and never noticed that they were using Fiesta. 

Thanks, Meezer, for sharing the pictures of the specialty mugs and plates.  I, too, like the Celebrate one.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Trusted Contributor

To all the other posters, a bouquet for being such a wonderful friend.

Trusted Contributor

@wismiss  Glad to see you in here; love your snowflake and thanks for the award again!!

Everybody--

Bill_SnoopyNew Year.gif

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Respected Contributor

@kutira @wismiss @shoesnbags @oceantown @shoekitty

It is great to have Fiesta friends like you.  I wish you all a very happy, healthy, safe New Year.  And, I might add, I hope that we have a happy color of Fiesta for 2016 instead of the darker colors.

For all the missing Fiesta ladies:  3d, DaniM, Surprise_Sometime, SarahW and all those whose names I have forgotten, come by and join us sometime.  We'll break out the Fiesta, serve tea and coffee, some desserts and chat awhile.

Honored Contributor

Happy New Year all!  My Mom is coming over in a few minutes by Outreach service.  So I just have a few minutes.  I know I haven't been on here much, but I think of you Fiestanistas often!  It has been a difficult 8 months with my brother and my Mom.  Anyway, my husband and I bought lobster tails at 5.99 each!  We bought 5, so we will be oozing lobster this evening.  What are all your plans.  I will be home with husband, and thanking the Lord for it.  Peace and quiet, aaahhhhhh!  Well, with an occasional meow from the "kids".  LOL

Trusted Contributor

@Meezerpleezer That is so cute and I agree with your hopes for Fiesta!!

@shoekitty Enjoy your lobster!

Everybody have a Happy New Year; I'm staying home and working.

9853_1114472085270213_8192740096834850245_n.jpg

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Honored Contributor

Hapy New Year Kutira!  What are your plans for the evening?

Respected Contributor

@shoekitty  Sounds like you got a great deal on lobster.

@kutira  I really like the Snoopy New Year's cartoon.  I have Peanuts themed garden flags and like changing them for the season.  This is the one that is up at the moment.  Funny, it has been in the low 60's here rather than the usual cold/snow (no complaints from me):

Respected Contributor

Fiestanistas--new for 2016, posted on FB:

The 3pc Bistro Set features a 22-ounce Small Bistro Bowl, an ideal serving size for cereals, salads, soups, pastas, deserts and much, much more.  Complementing the Small Bistro Bowl are a 10 ½” Bistro Dinner Plate and 7 ¼” Bistro Salad Plate, both featuring a narrow rim and deep coupe styling.  Measuring the same as our classic plates, the Bistro Plates offer a wider food surface and deeper well to keep foods better contained.

The Homer Laughlin China Company™ is pleased to announce the introduction of a 3pc Bistro Set to the iconic Fiesta® Dinnerware line.  The three-piece set completes a designed extension of the Bistro Bowls, currently available in 38-ounce, 68-ounce, and 96-ounce capacities, as well as the 15-ounce Tapered Mug.  The collection was designed to make casual dining functional with that Fiesta flair, no matter where you or your guests decide to sit, be it a meal at the dining table, a casual backyard barbeque or an even more relaxed movie night on the sofa.

The 3pc Bistro Set will be available in 14 Fiesta colors (sorry, no Plum!) so that you can get your hands on your favorite!

The set will retail for $47.00.  It will be available in department, specialty and outlet stores April 2016.  Open stock may be available in the future.

This exclusive introduction is only available from the factore ($27.99): January 1, 2016-January 21, 2016. Tangerine and Sage fans will need to wait a bit longer; those colors will be delayed until mid January 2016.