Trusted Contributor

Re: Still Buying Fiestaware (aka Fiestaware thread, Part 2)

Meezer--I don't have any horizontal lines, so I don't know what you're seeing.  I read on one thread that people using IE are having the worst problems with the layout.  I use Chrome or Firefox, so it doesn't look too bad...just BUSY with all the worthless "features."

I discovered that if I go into options, I could set it for "forum only" display and it is easier to look at.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SarahW wrote:

Meezer--I don't have any horizontal lines, so I don't know what you're seeing.  I read on one thread that people using IE are having the worst problems with the layout.  I use Chrome or Firefox, so it doesn't look too bad...just BUSY with all the worthless "features."

I discovered that if I go into options, I could set it for "forum only" display and it is easier to look at.  

Yup!  This is what I've been trying to tell people in the zillion new 'this place sukks' threads.   For me, I found the setting this morning and it made all the difference in the world.    Glad you found the settings.

I made several changes, including getting rid of all the siggie lines, the silly social media stuff, and increasing the page loads so that each page is 50 threads, 50 posts, etc.  (two dif places to make that change)

ETA - this morning when I first came here, on IE, I had all kinds of weird stuff like she had.  It was so bizarre.  I went to using Chrome for a while and then, by late morning, they must have fixed it because I'm back on IE and the board is pretty much 'fixed' from how it was earlier on IE.

Trusted Contributor

Why can't I see the replies that posters have just left minutes....even seconds ago? I see mine and 3d's...then it goes back to last weeks posts.*scratching head* I can see on the main forum page that Sarah and Chickenbutt have left posts but they're NOT not showing up for me. I know earlier there were posts by Shoekitty and others but they 're  "inivisible" too!

Why aren't they showing up for me? This is so frustrating! How could the Q release this mess on us without fine-tuning it first?!?! I'm outta here. It's just not worth it. Bye

Member Since 11/20/2008
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't imagine who made the "brilliant" idea to purchase this setup.  I still haven't figured out how to edit my messages after I post them. 

I use Firefox and Chrome so I'm not having the problems of venetian blinds.   I might throw up my hands if I did.  I feel like we took five or more steps back with this change.  If all this was done because of the spamming overnight, then it would have been easier just to pay someone to stay up and stop it by tracing their address.  To put everyone through this nonsense just isn't fair. 

I'm going to have to try posting a photo later and see how that goes.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Photo test.

EDIT TO ADD--  well, the copy/paste from photobucked worked.  

Also, I discovered that clicking the three "dots" on the right-hand corner of a post drops down the edit option.  

Honored Contributor

Posting pics is even easier than it was before because you can load a pic right from your computer to here, without having to upload it to a pic host.

Here's a pic that i took yesterday - Let's see if it goes right.  (fingers crossed)   Looks like it loaded, but the quality isn't the same as it is on my computer.  Smiley Sad

P1090533.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SarahW wrote:

Photo test.

EDIT TO ADD--  well, the copy/paste from photobucked worked.  

Also, I discovered that clicking the three "dots" on the right-hand corner of a post drops down the edit option.  

Yay!  Yours came out well.  For some reason, the quality was degraded on my birdie pic.  Maybe because I sized it down (?).  I just loaded it right from my computer

Super Contributor

Here I am.  I don't do change well, so I think I'll be posting even less.  Wishing everyone the best during this learning curve.

Trusted Contributor

I just discovered that when I'm not logged-in everything looks so much better and all the posts that you all have posted today show up. But just as soon as I log-in the posts from today don't show up and the ones from a week ago are there. It's weird here.I can only see 3d's posts. I'm using Chrome and I've already fiddled with my profile and preferences. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what they do about this situation.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Respected Contributor

Thank you Sarah for pointing out the edit option hiding behind the three dots.  Who knew? 

I also liked when I was posting I could at least look back on all the posts on that page, now it seems like I am only replying to the last poster and that is the only post I see. 

Everyone --  don't give up.  We have to keep trying and get more accustomed to these boards if we are going to stick together and chat about Fiesta and share our personal stories.

I do notice the "Autosaved at ?:?? PM" in the upper right hand side above the word "Quote".  Maybe our posts won't go poof any more.  Or, if they do, maybe we will be able to get them back.  I sure hope so.

On a Fiesta note, the Slate dinner plate HL is sending me is already due to arrive tomorrow.  Talk about great service!  Yay HL!! Woman Very Happy