Respected Contributor

Re: Still Buying Fiestaware (aka Fiestaware thread, Part 2)

I had to go to a new comment block. I was looking at my Raisin bran box it is a reddish violet too. It looks nice with the Plum, Chartreuse and Shamrock. In any case, they would need to tone down the brightness a bit otherwise I would have to eat with sunglasses on in the house. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Pretty sure Mr. Meezer wouldn't be caught dead eating off this color--LOL!

Honored Contributor

My mixing bowls seem to be more rounded on the bottom, more egg shaped and deep. the largest one weighs in at a whopping 12.5 cups!!! The smallest holds 2 cups. I had to get them out and measure them. I'm surprised for mixing bowls they're not marked on the bottom (I looked) and I think honestly, mine are more colorful though these two are very colorful - never take away from that with Fiesta!!!! Do you own these?

I also forgot - my HS class of 1971 has our own group on FB and chat all the time We being from East Liverpool also created a group called "plate turners of the world". As you can imagine, no matter where any of us may be eating, we're turning plates all the time to find we're enjoying great meals on Fiesta or china made at either Hall China or other dinnerware from Homer Laughlin, some from Taylor, Smith & Taylor across the Ohio river in Newell WV.

Respected Contributor

Pink Dogwood – I got a good giggle about what you said. Not only will he see the Fiesta a lot better, but he will now be able to read the receipt! I know he doesn’t care; however, every once in a while he does ask how much something cost to which I usually reply “oh, I’m not sure, I had a coupon”. If he didn’t see the package come in and questions something, I respond with “oh honey, we’ve had that”. I think he knows I’m kidding, but also knows not to pursue it.

Divine – I’m glad the code for HL is still working and I’m glad you could use it.

Wismiss – I’m so sorry your pain has returned. I hope when you have your appointment, they can get you more relief. Thanks for asking about Mr.3d. Yes, he still has to take his drops for the first eye they did (the right). Those will stop on Thursday and then one more week for the left eye. In the meantime he has an appointment this Wednesday to see what type of glasses he may need. Right now he is wearing a pair of my drugstore glasses and they seem to be working for reading purposes.

I do understand about holding on to your family dishes. I have a box full that I know I will probably never use, but I am not ready to part with them yet.

Meezer – Mr. 3d never noticed the gurgle pots! I may have to get another one just to see if he then notices. A few of those colors are very tempting. As far as the new color for 2016, it should be interesting. I love a deep shade of violet and how pretty would that look with Slate and Sage! I remember being so happy with my box of 64 Crayola crayons. I notice on Amazon there is now a box that has 152 colors! As a child, I might have been totally overwhelmed, actually I might be overwhelmed even now.

Respected Contributor

Pink Dogwood-- I don't have those mixing bowls or even the current mixing bowls. I did buy the medium mixing bowl that was just discontinued (shaped like the covered casserole bowl). I did buy the back stamped Marigold 75th year set of bowls but that is it.

Super Contributor

Just checking in. Nothing exciting to add. Enjoy reading everyone's posts.

Respected Contributor

Donasmom--glad to ""see"" you. Is your daughter getting married this summer? I have forgotten what you told us.

Super Contributor

She's getting married next March. A very small country wedding. She will be wearing the head piece I wore when I married her Dad. Silk flowers and baby's breath. It has survived beautifully through 2 moves.

Respected Contributor

Donasmom -- What a beautiful tradition to wear the same head piece. I love to hear things like that. It makes the wedding that much more special and something she can share with those who see the pictures and maybe even her daughters someday.

Respected Contributor

On 6/7/2015 donasmom said:

She's getting married next March. A very small country wedding. She will be wearing the head piece I wore when I married her Dad. Silk flowers and baby's breath. It has survived beautifully through 2 moves.

donasmom--that sounds absolutely beautiful, "something borrowed..."

Respected Contributor

I was trying to figure out the best shade of green to match the new Sage; however, of course, it all depends on how different the monitors are. I mainly wanted to check out the medium antique violet with similar colors to those being introduced this year. I am now hoping for violet for 2016.

photo b6808294-f352-4eef-a53e-6f9a4f010f1e.png