Super Contributor

Re: Still Buying Fiestaware (aka Fiestaware thread, Part 2)

wissmiss: So sorry about your bad day. You are in my thoughts and prayers. There are times when even the simplest of things to do become monumental. Hoping that this day is better for you,

Thank you for all your kind words re Miss Dorothy. I don't know how a 2 pound puppy can turn the house upside down but she can, and did!

Contributor

The outlet was a success! As if you'd expect any less {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

3d: When I've sold on Ebay in the past, I have always done auctions. I'm thinking of setting up a store for the dishes though because I don't think they are something that would necessarily go in 5 days. Now that I know I have enough plates, I'll try them locally first though.

I saw the slate and sage in person and wasn't as in love as I'd hoped! I think because I was on a mission for bright though. Maybe later I'll change my mind.

Respected Contributor

Jenn27--You lucky lady!! I wish I could go to Flatwoods. I wonder if they carry and have everything that the Newell store has? I can't imagine the color explosion all in one room. I assume that they position things by color and not by item but I could be wrong (all the Turquoise together rather than all the 9 X 13 pans together).

Sarah--you simply have to go to either Flatwoods or Newell when you go RVing this summer!

Respected Contributor

Jenn27 -- Wow. I can feel the excitement about your trip in your writing. You must have had so much fun. What all did you get. We need to know!

Did they display the two new colors with their other colors or just by themselves? I'm thinking those two colors together won't do much for each other, but I'm hoping when the slate gets mixed with something like tangerine or flamingo, it might totally change it.

If you do an auction on ebay, how many days do they give you for bidding? Or can you select the timeframe? When you set up your store, please make sure we all know your ebay name.

Respected Contributor

Donasmom -- Little Dorothy sounds like she is going to be a handful. I love it! I've had kittens who immediately take over and you look around and think how does something so little do so much? Especially when they discover the toilet tissue roll on the wall!!

Trusted Contributor

Howdy everyone! Wismiss, I hope you are having a better day today! {#emotions_dlg.wub} No, our town doesn't have ANY recycling, but at least cardboard will break down in the landfill!

Donasmom--puppies are a lot of work, but the return on investment is through the roof! My sister got a Boston Terrier puppy a couple of months ago and found the little guy is deaf. The breeder offered to refund her money but she is too attached to let him go. (And she's afraid of what his fate might be.) So, training the little guy has been exhausting, but she loves him so she will have to be patient.

Jenn--lucky girl!! I hope you will post some pics of your new goodies!

Meezer--we are heading out in a little over a week for Hot Springs AR, Memphis, and north Georgia. I guess I should check a map and see how far out of the way that would be!!

Kutira--happy Passover and good luck with the chartreuse hunt.

Shoekitty--what are you up to? You're awfully quiet these days.

3D--is the cabinet purge scheduled yet? I'm still not satisfied with my setup, but I'm tired of fooling with it. I'm really glad my hubby put some reinforcement braces under some shelves, though. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Respected Contributor

Still trying to post a picture-what rotten luck!

Trusted Contributor

Here ya go, Meezer. The little horses are SO CUTE. Looks like they haven't started to shed their winter coats!

Respected Contributor

Thanks, Sarah!! I am not sure what you did. When I posted, I either got a bunch of gibberish or the picture could have fit on a highway billboard.

The yearling horses were even smaller. So very cute. It hasn't been warm during the night so I suppose that they haven't had a need to shed yet. I just wonder how much snow their range gets and how they survive when the snow is deep. The males, and I assume that they were males, were out in a distance, hanging out by themselves. People were trying to get close to them to get pictures. I would love to go back in late May and see if we can see the foals.

Respected Contributor

Meezer -- How adorable. I can't believe they will stand there and get petted. How cute is that!

Sarah -- We actually started a kitchen cabinet today. DH had no idea what was happening. I kind of did a sneak attack. I started taking stuff out of one cabinet and then I got a box to put some donation items in and the next thing he knew, the whole cabinet was emptied out and there was nothing left to do but go through it and get it done. I still don't have as much room as I had hoped, but maybe when I make room in the closet, I can move some items from the cabinet into it.

I'm starting to think purging and rearranging are my new hobbies.

Wismiss -- I hope today is going better than yesterday and things are starting to work out more for you.