Respected Contributor

Re: Still Buying Fiestaware (aka Fiestaware thread, Part 2)

That's okay SarahW, you can blame me because I always blame Meezer!! (Only kidding Meezer, but there are sometimes you planted the seed in my fertile brain)

I got my confirmation from HL and have an estimated delivery date of Tuesday. That was quick! I always count on them to take a bit longer.

I do believe we have to get as much Flamingo and Marigold as possible because they both had limited production time and they won't be coming back. Unless HL decides to bring back Marigold to celebrate their 80th anniversary; however, I doubt it.

I kind of lost count on the snack trays. I should probably get them out now that I have plans for them and actually see what colors I have. That really should have been the first thing I did, but no one ever said I did things in the right order.

Friday was a sweetie, although she had quite the temper when things didn't go her way. That picture was from awhile back when I had put leis on both cats to make a birthday card for my friend in Hawaii. She loved it.

The Marigold platter is going to be gorgeous, along with the pitcher and bowl. Girl you are building quite the collection.

Respected Contributor

Wismiss -- they have that same look about them don't they? Wow. That's amazing.

What a gorgeous kitty.

ETA - I just know I could be A Crazy Cat Lady. I just love those little furry faces and want to just cuddle them all. It probably is a good thing I live in a condo with limitations on animals or I would be out of control.

Trusted Contributor

3d, there is definitely a similarity! Friday was an adorable kitty, and such a cute name. That is such a cute picture.

Yes, our bench will have its own address and UPS delivery person, haha.

That is a cute snack plate. I guess a person could put a bouillon bowl in the indentation, or a tea cup. A tea cup would be make a cute serving of punch for a bridal or baby shower.

Maybe someday you will tell Mr. 3d the story about agreeing with your own post, and putting in an order, lol. I will say I have scrolled back and read through posts to get caught up. Then, one of the posts seems so familiar and glancing at the name I realize it was me, lol.

Sarah, whoo-hoo, are our pkgs on that truck? I got shipment notification too. My expected delivery date is Friday. I can hardly wait.

You could always call HL tomorrow and tell them that you realized you should have added the mini disc to your recent order and ask if they can have reduced shipping. It does not hurt to ask.

How exciting about your marigold pieces! There was no question you had to order the medium platter, cannot have 5, you have to bump it up to an even 6! Well, that is how I think. The mini-disc and fruit bowl are great too.

Oh, and thanks, I think I will like all my teacup colors together. I think my next tea party will have 8, so I really wanted those cup/saucer sets. It will probably be end of next month. Sometimes I like mismatched cup & saucer colors, depending on the colors of the plates, etc.

Take care everyone!

Trusted Contributor

Hey Wismiss! I'm glad you are posting a bit with us again; we miss you. Schatzi does look very much like Friday. Such pretty little faces.

3D--yeah, it's all Meezer's fault. LOL!! She has her "ME", Masters of Enabling. Wink As for buying stuff then checking existing inventory... um...yeah. {#emotions_dlg.blink} Y'all should see me down there staring into my cabinets and counting stuff, then re-arranging to get the optimal color display. My hubby walks into the kitchen, takes a look at me staring at Fiesta, and turns on his heel. I guess one foray into important color decisions was enough for him.

Ocean--I'm so excited that our stuff has shipped! As for calling HL...as you know, I haven't had the greatest success rate with that!! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} And I totally agree about the rationale for buying the marigold tray...it is imperative to have an even number!! I think that is a dinnerware rule!! I can't wait for your next tea party; I love seeing the pics.

Respected Contributor

I've been watching my bid on a Fiesta Juniper dinner plate and I won!! Now I have two and I would like to get two more and then I'm done until the new colors come out -- Wink

I forgot to tell you all when I got my first Juniper dinner plate, I lovingly hand washed it and gingerly placed it on the drying mat. In the meantime I was trying to figure out where I was going to store it. DH was making dinner and I went back to the drying mat to make sure my plate was safe and it was gone! I looked around and he was using it as a utensil rest.{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

I don't know how, but I kept quiet. I figured it was safe, but it was not meant to be a resting place for his cooking stuff! After dinner, I again washed it, this time I dried it and put it in a safe spot where he can't find it.

Super Contributor

My DD and future SIL were here for dinner last night and I set my dining room table with my Juniper. I recently purchased a large check tablecloth in Forest from The Country Store and it gave a perfect back drop to my Juniper! (Picked up one in Navy too, to go with my cobalt) My e-Bay order of the Juniper carafe and disk pitcher are displayed in my kitchen and compliment the rest of my things so nicely.

Last week my DD brought some flowers for me and they are still doing well in a periwinkle disk pitcher I bought at a Vintage Sale when we lived in CA. When she walked in yesterday, saw the dining room table set, the flowers on the coffee table, and looked at my Fiesta decorated kitchen, she turned to her fiance said: "Ah, home!". Considering she was born and raised in Southern California, I took this as quite a compliment. My Mom used to say: "Home is wherever Mom is", I guess she was right!

Respected Contributor

Donasmom -- I got all warm reading your post. Everything sounds beautiful, especially the love in your family. Making a beautiful home and setting a gorgeous table and then getting such a wonderful compliment from your daughter sounds like the perfect day. It doesn't get any better than that! Take good care.

Trusted Contributor

On 3/22/2015 3dlovely said:

I've been watching my bid on a Fiesta Juniper dinner plate and I won!! Now I have two and I would like to get two more and then I'm done until the new colors come out -- Wink

I forgot to tell you all when I got my first Juniper dinner plate, I lovingly hand washed it and gingerly placed it on the drying mat. In the meantime I was trying to figure out where I was going to store it. DH was making dinner and I went back to the drying mat to make sure my plate was safe and it was gone! I looked around and he was using it as a utensil rest.{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

I don't know how, but I kept quiet. I figured it was safe, but it was not meant to be a resting place for his cooking stuff! After dinner, I again washed it, this time I dried it and put it in a safe spot where he can't find it.

Cute story about your juniper plate, 3D! Our poor hubbys, lol. I have explained to Mr. W that some of the Fiesta colors are discontinued and hard to come by, so he is tenuous when selecting a coffee cup...haha.

Trusted Contributor

Donasmom--your home and Fiesta sound so inviting. Funny how our children love to come "home" when they are all grown up. We have five grown children (blended family) and when all of them plus their assorted significant others come home it gets quite lively around here. The youngest graduated from college and they are all busy setting up their own places and getting started in life. We built this house 20 years ago when they were all quite small, so it has been home for most of their lives.

Last year we considered selling this house to move to something smaller, and our oldest daughter was so upset. I guess they have all just slid down the banisters too many times in this house, so we decided to stay here where the memories are. At least with the kids all moved out I have spare bedrooms to hoard Fiesta, haha. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Respected Contributor

SarahW -- sounds like you have a beautiful family! Of course, I like the idea of spare bedrooms. I could use a spare house at this point.

A friend of mine and her husband use those red plastic cups for everyday use. However, whenever anyone is over, out comes the glassware. The one day he forgot and used a plastic cup in front of company and I thought she was going to pass out. To make matters worse, in front of everyone he announced: "Sorry, I forgot when we have company, I am allowed to use regular glasses!". Everyone got such a laugh, except for my GF.{#emotions_dlg.angry}

Husbands!!{#emotions_dlg.lol}