Respected Contributor

Stemless Wine Glasses

[ Edited ]

I've wanted stemless wine glasses for awhile, and finally bought these on sale at Macys. They're on sale again now, at half price.

They're Lenox Tuscany Stemless Wine Glasses

Having used them for a few months, I'm loving them more and more. They're a good size, not too big or too small. They're made of lead-free crystal. The shape is nice, and they won't tip over like a tall wineglass. We use them almost daily, and I think they'll look pretty on a table during the holidays. 

I think they'd make a good gift, too.

Honored Contributor

@peachesncream   Very pretty.....enjoy!

Honored Contributor

Those are very nice!  At first I didn't care for stemless but I think they are very practical and enjoy them. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

They are pretty glasses but wine is not meant to be held in  a warm hand.    

Esteemed Contributor

I picked up some Riedel stemless wine glasses. Spoiled me for anything else.

DS & DDIL got me started on stemless. They go easily in the dishwasher and are also easier to store.

Respected Contributor

Absolutely not for me.  Stemless Wine glasses? No, no and No again.  Scotch, Yes.  Wine No.  I don't want Palm Warm White wine.  Might as well have grape juice. 

If you use them and enjoy them,  that's the important thing.  All the best to you.  Cheers!

Trusted Contributor

@peachesncream @They're beautiful! I've thought from time to time about stemless glasses that could be all purpose - wine, or cocktail. I know that typically white wine is served in a larger glass than red. But that is not important to me.

enjoy your new glasses!

Honored Contributor

Those are lovely and Lenox is a wonderful brand.

I don't drink wine, so I never thought of the part where holding the glass warms the wine.  Makes sense, though.  Smiley Happy

I hope you love your glasses.   They will probably last a lifetime because they are Lenox.  Well, if you have a man in the house who isn't careful, good luck with that.  Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

If anyone is interested in the differences in wine glass size/shape, Geoffrey Zacharian has a great short tutorial on his Instagram page that he posted just today.  He goes into a suggested use list demonstration for many different styles of glasses for champagne, red wines, white wines, roses, brandy, cordials, etc.  

Trusted Contributor

@peachesncream wrote:

I've wanted stemless wine glasses for awhile, and finally bought these on sale at Macys. They're on sale again now, at half price.

They're Lenox Tuscany Stemless Wine Glasses

Having used them for a few months, I'm loving them more and more. They're a good size, not too big or too small. They're made of lead-free crystal. The shape is nice, and they won't tip over like a tall wineglass. We use them almost daily, and I think they'll look pretty on a table during the holidays. 

I think they'd make a good gift, too.

They look like they would be nice for Brandy.