Honored Contributor
On 5/21/2014 Clover29 said:
On 5/21/2014 chickenbutt said:

I was just reading the description of this item and was wondering what a 'Runner peanut' is. I've never heard of that one.

Me too. Looks like they're a variety of peanut that has uniform nut size.

I found this:

"Runner Peanuts are a category of peanut plants.

There are many varieties in this category; one popular one is the "Florunner", introduced in the 1970s. Other varieties include SunOleic (released by the University of Florida), and "Southern Runner."

The plants are low, bush-type plants, that will have two peanuts per pod. The peanuts are ready for harvest in 130 to 150 days.

They are grown primarily in Alabama, Florida and Georgia, but also in Oklahoma and Texas.

Runner Peanut plants tend to produce uniformly medium-sized peanuts. That means that they roast evenly, which makes them good for turning into peanut butter.

82% of the peanuts grown in America are Runner Peanuts (2004 figures.)

• 55% of Runner Peanuts (2004 figures) grown in America are used for peanut butter;
  • 24% of Runner Peanuts (2004 figures) are used for candy."

Thank You! Smiley Happy Who knew! I always just thought a peanut was a peanut. See how much I know.

I appreciated that some of the ingredients were from California but it was odd that they didn't mention where the rest of them were from. At any rate, I'll give it a try. I do a lot of just eating little bits as I cannot eat very much at one time anymore.

Super Contributor

I order these from Sam's Club all the time. 42oz tins are$5 each with free shipping. Way less Q's price of $20 per tin, 4X what Sam's charges

Café Carmellata au Sel Pecans are $5 a tin. These are REALLY, REALLY good

Crème Brûlée Almonds run $8.50 for a 28 oz tin. Q charges $32 just because they're in individual bags.

If you don't have a Sam's club membership, you can order and pay the upcharge - still comes out to WAY, WAY less than on Q.

Frequent Contributor

Some are from China, up to you...

Super Contributor
On 5/22/2014 annamarie said:

Some are from China, up to you...

And your point is?

Esteemed Contributor

My opinion is that the price is ridiculous.

Regular Contributor

Got them and they are absolutely delicious!!!! I will be reordering!!! Very addicting!!

Arley