Honored Contributor

So I guess I ate that tonight!

DH and I were lucky to get into one of our favorite restaurants tonight. One of the specials was homemade black pasta with seafood. The restaurant was noisy and it was hard to hear everything our server said.  It sounded wonderful. When we were ready to order it was then I heard "infused with squid ink." I balked. Our server tried to explain how it was done, but couldn't tell me everything. He told me everyone who had ordered it was happy with it.
 I decided to take a chance. 

The dish was delicious! I'm glad I took a chance. 

Have any of you had anything with squid ink before?  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

From what I could find, it's used for coloring and adds a salty taste, the flavor is neutral.

This is squid ink pasta.   Looks like a plate of worms.  

That is disgusting!

See the source image

Esteemed Contributor

Have never tried  the dish .

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee - YUCK! Mine looked nothing like that! Thank goodness! The noodles were thicker and wider than linguine. I wish I'd taken a picture. I did bring some home (couldn't eat it all). I'll take a picture tomorrow afternoon and TRY to post it.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee 

OMG!  I feel like being sick just looking at this picture!  It is totally disgusting looking!  I could be starving and no way could I force myself to eat this mess!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Yes, it looks disgusting.  The red flower, or caviar or whatever it is, doesn't do much for it.

Respected Contributor

I think there's more than just pasta in that dish.  I can see calamari rings on the left and maybe tentacles in the lower right corner too.   Couldn't say what all else is in there.  A strange dish to be sure.

Honored Contributor

Here's the picture. The dish was delicious- shrimp and crab, homemade pasta- which is thinner than it looks in the pic, and cream sauce. It was one of their specials for the night. I would definitely order it again!  Smiley Happy

47CF1332-7BFD-4C3A-A4EA-643E374AE855.jpeg