Respected Contributor

FOUND BUTTERBALL SMALL TURKEYS...

Been keeping my eyes open for small Butterball Turkey for Thanksgiving. Finally saw them @ Vons in Southern CA,@ 7lbs.  There were only three left. They were $1.99 a lb. It was less than a decent steak!. I don't even know if anyone is coming for the holiday, but I will have it just in case, and if no one shows up, will have it cooked and then I'll freeze the rest.

How can I go wrong?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: FOUND BUTTERBALL SMALL TURKEYS...

That's exactly the size I want! I have to keep my eye out. But if I do see one, I'm not waiting for Thanksgiving!

Esteemed Contributor

I was at BJ's Wholesale the other day and saw some good size frozen Butterball turkey's.

I purchased one, thinking I would buy one while I can.  There's been lots of talk about a shortage though I haven't been falling into that "panic" I figured it would be good to already have it then I will just have to work on the side dishes.  I bought a 15 pound.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Two weeks ago our Walmart here in Western PA had Butterballs and the store brand for 1.78 per pound, and NONE were less than 22 pounds...

This week? PLENTY of Butterballs in the 10-12 pound range, at 1.48 a pound. I picked the two smallest I could find ( I'm single) and bought them while they had them.

I wonder if the price will come down more, but I figured better get while they have them.

They were 15.00 each, @ 10 pounds. Just perfect!!!

Respected Contributor

I bought mine about 3 weeks ago (honeysuckle brand) while Walmart  had the turkey breasts. I seem to always have trouble getting them if I wait too long. It's in my neighbors freezer. As far as I saw today there was only whole large turkeys.

Valued Contributor

I was at Aldi's yesterday and picked up the smallest BB I could find.  They ran 15-16 pounds or over 20.  At $1.39 pound I figured I would grab it.

Respected Contributor

Got my Butterball whole turkey breast from Walmart a couple weeks ago...she's a beaut!

Honored Contributor

My daughter was in WalMart just as the Honeysuckle White turkey breasts were being stocked.  She picked up 2 for me and 1 went to her boyfriends house for their holiday meal.   

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Kroger is not going to be putting turkeys on sale this year I was told. They didn't know what the price is going to be. They said they would get 3 deliveries 1 starting at the end of next week. No word on turkey breasts nor the brand/brands of turkey they will get.

Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSal I keep trying to panic like the tv tells me to but I have little trouble finding what I want!

😉