Honored Contributor

Re: FOUND BUTTERBALL SMALL TURKEYS...

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@LindaSal I keep trying to panic like the tv tells me to but I have little trouble finding what I want!

😉

@Snowpuppy  Don't listen to them. They have no clue what they are talking about. Our shelves and meat counters are fully stocked.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know where you live, but I live in Va. No reason to panic, but shelves are a little bare. When things run out, it takes longer to get them in. I would say stock on the shelves is down 25%. If I know I'm going to need it and I see it, I buy it. Personally I don't want the stress and worry. I would soon have it.

The fact remains turkeys are not as plentiful this year. The why not is another issue all together and makes no sense. If you see one, have room for it, you better get it when you see it. Waiting for the best price will not be the smart thing to do this year.

Esteemed Contributor

We aren't worried about finding a turkey; last year we had a duck for Thanksgiving and it was perfect for our family of three.

Respected Contributor

I bought a butterball turkey breast last week.  2.49 a pound.  I forget the weight, it was about $17.  Enough for a few meals and soup!  And probably some for the freezer.   I’m curious what the store prices will be this year for turkey.  Probably NOT the .99/lb we have seen previously.  

Regular Contributor

ad for turkey hits november 10