Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I wish people who make these (not the poster) would get it right: It's daylight saving time (no s on saving)!

"Savings" makes it sound like a sale.

Valued Contributor
If people want to get their knickers in a twist about a literal letter of the alphabet (s or no s), than knock yourselves out!! The OP was just trying to let people know of the time change. I'm certainly not of the high & might grammar police on a shopping chat board! Geez!
Honored Contributor

She made it clear she wasn't dissing me I didn't make the thing got off internet.

I never really gave it any thought.

Respected Contributor

Saving-vs-Savings? I think it's been said so many times both ways, that now it's acceptable to add the s, or not. I've even heard a couple of news anchors use 'savings.'

Either works for me now.  All that matters to me is that --- I don't particularly like DST. But, I accept that many do, so I'm glad for them, which would make my complaints a little selfish.

Okay, so maybe that's how I rationalize it. Truth is, the changes really stink!  Period!

Honored Contributor

I gotta Google it and see why Arizona don't have to change back & forth.

Respected Contributor

Being in AZ, it's nice to not have to mess with the clocks twice a year.  Until the last 16 years, i lived my whole life in the Pacific time zone, so now I have to remember that part of the year we're the same time as Pacific time & the other part the same as Mountain time.  I think we'll now be the same as Pacific, which is easier for my old pea brain to keep track of!  I'm used to the TSV starting at 9pm for the left coast.