Trusted Contributor

Can anyone recommend a really good spice cookbook? I want to know how to use more spices and also the book needs to have recipes. Thanks Katey!

Honored Contributor

I would start with your favorite cuisine and then go with a cookbook that uses a lot of those flavors. You can find spices more inexpensively in the ""international"" or ""ethnic"" aisles of your supermarket.

Honored Contributor

What Lola said makes sense to me. Furthermore, I'd smell your herbs and spices and get an idea of how they would compliment certain foods. I'm very sensory about my cooking and experimenting with herbs/spices has give me some great results.

Dried herbs - put them between your fingers and disperse them into the recipe with friction that will release their flavors.

But if you tend to like certain types of foods, that is the place to start. I've never seen a cookbook geared to using certain spices (I could be wrong, of course). You can probably learn a lot about spices, in general, online though.

Honored Contributor

You might want to start with something like these, from Mc Cormick-

http://www.mccormick.com/Spices-and-Flavors/Herbs-and-Spices/Recipe-Inspirations

Super Contributor

Hi Katey! I receive the Penzey's catalog and they have quite a few recipes showcased in each issue. Here's a link to their site....Penzey's

~~Keep calm and hug your pets~~