Respected Contributor

I love soup...all kinds of soup!  Here is a recipe for a fast, easy very tasty ham and bean soup.  This recipe only serves 4 people, so if you want more of a 'pot' of soup, double the recipe.

FAST and EASY Ham & Bean Soup

**(This recipe only serves about 4 people, so double the recipe for a ‘pot’ of soup)

• 2 medium carrots, sliced
  • 2 celery ribs, chopped
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 3 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained or don’t rinse and drain if you like your soup a little thicker
  • 4 cups chicken stock
  • 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham (use a ham steak if you don’t have leftover ham)
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 bay leaf

• In a large saucepan, saute the carrots, celery and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook for 15 minutes or until heated through. Discard bay leaf.  
  • **If you like a ‘thicker’ soup, add ½ cup of dehydrated potato flakes or a cup of leftover mashed potatoes to the soup and heat through.

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Respected Contributor

You all are making me crave soup now. I realize I haven't made beef barley soup in ages.  Time to add some ingredients to the shopping list. 

Highlighted
Contributor

There is a recipe you can find online  called Nicole's Corn Chowder. It is delicious. It is made in a slow cooker. It calls for 6 potatoes but I only use 1 large Russet. I believe 6 would be way too many potatoes. I also use 2 cans of cream corn and 1 can of regular corn.

Honored Contributor

We had italian wedding soup last night. i broke my ankle and can't stand to cook ---DD  made it and she did very well. She doesn't cook alot but outdid herself. and I NEED to shout out----you need to put the meatballs in the airfryer to cook---OMG!!!! they were perfect--all toasty and browned and moist---that should be law!! I only use the airfryer for meatballs!! any way the soup was fabulous and we will feast on it again tonight. Stupid broken ankle!!!Smiley Mad

Super Contributor

I see that someone graciously provided you with a recipe but you can find a recipe for ANYtHING on the Internet. Just Google its name. Often I want to see if there's a pressure cooker version of a recipe and Goggle recipe name and the word pressure. Usually 3 or 4 recipes show up.

Honored Contributor

Hot chili or a hamburger.  But that's 365 a year. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: - Love High Carb Hannah's recipe for corn chowder made in...

@phoenixbrd 

Good for you for giving credit to the recipe creator. I see people copying and pasting someone else's recipes as their own and/or without attribution and it seems unfair to the person who originated the recipe. I think it's great to share a find...but take 5 more seconds and let folks know the author.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."