Honored Contributor

Re: Somebody please talk me out of buying that new George Foreman Digital Roaster!

@Hooty wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

***sigh*** . . . you all fought the good fight but temptation has won . . . it is on it's way to me and my little roaster chicken . . . I really am excited and will report back once I take it out for a test drive!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

LOL, I caved too, actually looking forward to it!  First thing I am going to cook is a chicken!  The part I liked was the draining of the fat, it won't be cooking it's own drippings since there is no rack!

Well you can't say we didn't try . . . Congratulations! . . . I think we're going to really like it!  

Honored Contributor

Re: Somebody please talk me out of buying that new George Foreman Digital Roaster!

I went to an auction last week where there were two eight foot tables from one house full of kitchen gadgets, mostly red. Two microwaves, several nutribullets, blenders and choppers galore. The only thing I didn't see was a Vita Mix. This person obviously bought from every TV channel and infomercial they ever saw. Keep telling yourself what do I want my estate auction to look like? Tables of never used impulsively bought kitchen gadgets?
Valued Contributor

Can't help you here, sorry,  but I wish I had known about these forums months ago.  Maybe someone could have saved me (and my bank account) from myself and all the $$$ spent on jewelry and clothes that I don't need/will never wear, nor have any space to store.

It's so bad that if I lived to be 100 there would be some pieces that I likely will not have worn, especially since they say that we wear 20% of our clothes 80% of the time, this is so true for me, so I know that I won't be wearing much of what I have purchased over the past year and a half (wow that's long sentence).  Anyway, as I go through these items I find myself asking what was I thinking when I ordered some of these things.  Ugh!!!

Sorry to have hijacked your topic and not even help you resolve your issue.  Thanks for listening.

Honored Contributor

Welcome to the forums Snowhite714, we're happy to have you!  Yes, I think many of us have felt that same pain of looking back at all that we've purchased and cringed a bit so you'll fit right in here!

I did receive the roaster and it works well but I am on the fence about keeping it.  My one concern is that the chicken only gets browned where it is in contact with the metal surface and I was kind of hoping for a more even browning of the chicken.

The chicken did come out incredibly moist so it does have that going for it.  I think I need to play with it for a little while before I decide if it's a keeper.

Valued Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

Welcome to the forums Snowhite714, we're happy to have you!  Yes, I think many of us have felt that same pain of looking back at all that we've purchased and cringed a bit so you'll fit right in here!

I did receive the roaster and it works well but I am on the fence about keeping it.  My one concern is that the chicken only gets browned where it is in contact with the metal surface and I was kind of hoping for a more even browning of the chicken.

The chicken did come out incredibly moist so it does have that going for it.  I think I need to play with it for a little while before I decide if it's a keeper.

mtc thank you for the warm welcome, quite unexpected based on some posts that I've seen throughout some of these forums.

Anyway, makes sense to make use of the "love it or return it" policy.  But if you still have any doubts return it, you'll feel better.  And I'm sure something better suited to your needs will come along, eventually.  All the best to you and your future purchases.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MTC, I have found that true as far as browning with some electric roasters, and I have used Kitchen Bouqet browning sauce and it helps!

I cannot believe you have gotten yours and used it, it is taking forever for me to get mine, and I am so anxious to use it!Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Hooty wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MTC, I have found that true as far as browning with some electric roasters, and I have used Kitchen Bouqet browning sauce and it helps!

I cannot believe you have gotten yours and used it, it is taking forever for me to get mine, and I am so anxious to use it!Smiley Sad

Oh for heaven's sake, you still haven't received yours????  Wow, that's terrible, I would have thought everyone would have gotten theirs by now.

I have a half of turkey breast from Trader Joe's that I am going to try either tomorrow or Wednesday.  I'll make the determination based on that . . . I can live (somewhat) with the browning I was expecting if the turkey comes out ok . . . and I need to write down Kitchen Bouquet! . . . Smiley Happy

Frequent Contributor

I have the original , too!  Used it sooo much the pan is really scratched and beat up.  I saw this last week and immediately ordered - should be here tomorrow.

Honored Contributor

@sunbeam wrote:

I have the original , too!  Used it sooo much the pan is really scratched and beat up.  I saw this last week and immediately ordered - should be here tomorrow.

Oh thanks for this sunbeam!  I am more than pleased with how moist everything is . . . I guess I need to relax on the overall browning issue and get a bottle of Kitchen Bouquet!

Thanks for your positive response, I really appreciate it!