Honored Contributor

Somebody please talk me out of buying that new George Foreman Digital Roaster!

Oh my goodness that would be so great for cooking smaller portions and not a large footprint in the kitchen . . . oh dear somebody please save me from myself!

Frequent Contributor

Re: Somebody please talk me out of buying that new George Foreman Digital Roaster!

Ok, I'll try because I add it in my cart and then removed it. Just kept thinking, do I really need another appliance I may not use? Too many gadgets and I find I cook less and less these days. I'll wait for reviews and then decide if I really NEED it. I'm getting tired of wasting money on things I don't use...sometimes you get caught up in the "hurry, it's going fast" nonsense.

Hope that helps.

Honored Contributor

Re: Somebody please talk me out of buying that new George Foreman Digital Roaster!

@Bianca wrote:

Ok, I'll try because I add it in my cart and then removed it. Just kept thinking, do I really need another appliance I may not use? Too many gadgets and I find I cook less and less these days. I'll wait for reviews and then decide if I really NEED it. I'm getting tired of wasting money on things I don't use...sometimes you get caught up in the "hurry, it's going fast" nonsense.

Hope that helps.

Thank you so much Bianca, this is a big help!  My problem is that I don't have a functioning oven so I use a Breville toaster oven which doesn't always accomodate what I am looking to prepare height wise . . . but thank you for talking me down, I too will await for the reviews!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Bianca wrote:

Hope that helps.

You're so very right, Blanca.  I love kitchen things, but I don't want to allow myself to buy any more gadgets or appliances.  One, but not the only reason I don't watch ITKWKD.  Anyway, I have enough kitchen helpers with what I already have, and I can't see how another would benefit me.  It's just two of us and we aren't big eaters  - - -  so not buying anything else to "help" me in the kitchen.

Frequent Contributor

You're welcome mtc.  I can see why it caught your eye then.

Sometimes this items dry out my food so I'm always hesitant. I bought 2 of those RangeMate's for the microwave and hardly use them. My burgers and boneless chicken breasts come out a little dry and the grill marks look more burnt than grilled. Maybe its just me 😳

Respected Contributor

OK ~ I will try, but it might not be what you want to hear.  If I "needed" one, I would purchase the Ninja one.  I have it, and I don't use it a lot, but when I do, I'm still very happy that I have it.  

It has the roaster rack that sits on the bottom if you choose to use it.  That works great for whole chickens.  The best part of the Ninja is that you can brown meat right in it.  Mine has a feature that works just like if you had a pan on a stove.  Like when you want to brown a pot roast.  One less pan to clean.  The pan lifts out for easy cleaning...

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Mistic, me too, I enjoy cooking but find its easier to just do everything the old fashion way. Give me a knife, a pan and I'm done. My hate when my drawers aren't cluttered with things I don't use and gadgets that are a pain to clean and/or store. They want you to get caught up in the hoopla of the moment and buy it all. 

I agree, I do eat less as well, I'm single and work long days and travel about 4 hrs a day. I only cook on the weekend and reheat during the week. I wish QVC would sell a Chef, now, that would help me! 😀

Respected Contributor

I get you.  Most nights I am down to fixing for 2.  After so many years of fixing for many, it's hard for me to get out of that mode.

I do use my Ninja a lot when all the Children are home.  To make big batches of pulled pork, etc.  So I am glad I have it then.  But it does spend a lot of time in it's hidey hole.  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Frequent Contributor

LOL! Yes, that's a good name for it, hidey hole. Is that located next to the spot where everything I put in a safe place is? When I find that spot, it's gonna feel like Christmas.

I don't have kids so when I have cooked, it's usually for 2 ppl. I'm just trying to scale down and just have basics because I feel I'm always reaching for the same things when I cook.

Honored Contributor

Oh my, I love Geoge Foreman's products, and I missed this on TV, but after reading your thread, I had to check it out!  I have put it on my Wish List and may just have to have it!  It is just my DH & I, and it looks like the right size for us, plus leftovers!  I bought a Ninja back when it was first presented, and I hate to admit, but it is still in the box in my storage area  .......   just too big to pull out!  I may have to get this one!Smiley Surprised