Frequent Contributor

Life is too short to be around negativity. Some situations we don't have a choice. I'm personally happier being around upbeat positive people and situations. I choose not to get involved in political or religion discussions to avoid the drama.

i am simply curious why some are just mean? I'm not even sure what baiting is unless it's to do with fishing 😊. 

I did acknowledge the majority of posters are no problem but those few negative nellies are just a downer.

Honored Contributor

I get that we all have different points of view, but come on some posters just default to snarky. You can disagree with someone without being nasty and sarcastic .

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

The people on this board are wonderful, sensitive, and kind.  It is rare that I read any post  that is otherwise.  I have learned so much from the people on these boards and it is fun to share some laughter or gain some support when the going gets rough.  If a post is otherwise, I quickly dismiss and carry on.  I would not take the time to respond or post about it.  Our life is too short, I choose kindness as my mentor and that has been my experience on the forum.  Welcome!

Esteemed Contributor

Some people enjoy spreading misery.  That's their only source of happiness.  It's not just in snarky responses either.

Thankfully, the positive people outweigh the negative ones.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Contributor

I agree with you. But some are outright nasty and hurtful. I just read the WEN alert and one poster addressed the other as "hey stupid" and in another post said something like "go until you find a river and drop in".  This is way beyond snarky.

Honored Contributor

Re: Snarky responses?

[ Edited ]

@MEM22 wrote:

I'm relatively new here but watching QVC for many years. Why is it someone will post a legit non controversial message and get a nasty response? It is not everyone on here of course but there are a couple posters who are just unnecessarily rude. I don't get it 🤔. Are they just so unhappy they lash out at people for entertainment? Yes I know nobody makes me come here. I'm recently retired and enjoy web surfing. I enjoy the banter and conversations. I just honestly don't get the attitude from some people. 😞

That seems pretty snarky to me.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

The people on this board are wonderful, sensitive, and kind.  It is rare that I read any post  that is otherwise.  I have learned so much from the people on these boards and it is fun to share some laughter or gain some support when the going gets rough.  If a post is otherwise, I quickly dismiss and carry on.  I would not take the time to respond or post about it.  Our life is too short, I choose kindness as my mentor and that has been my experience on the forum.  Welcome!

I agree with you, I find the people on this board to be just as you describe them Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@MEM22 wrote:

Why is that snarky? It is an honest question. Like why are you being sarcastic? 

That cheap shot about people being unhappy was not an honest question.  And it was a cheap shot.  She claims she hasn't been here long and she's already criticizing other posters.  Sounds like baiting to me. 

I read your past posts, enough said.  

Valued Contributor

@MEM22 wrote:

I'm relatively new here but watching QVC for many years. Why is it someone will post a legit non controversial message and get a nasty response? It is not everyone on here of course but there are a couple posters who are just unnecessarily rude. I don't get it 🤔. Are they just so unhappy they lash out at people for entertainment? Yes I know nobody makes me come here. I'm recently retired and enjoy web surfing. I enjoy the banter and conversations. I just honestly don't get the attitude from some people. 😞

Asking myself the very same questions you pose.  There's just no need for the nastiness.

Esteemed Contributor

@gardenmiss wrote:

I agree with you. But some are outright nasty and hurtful. I just read the WEN alert and one poster addressed the other as "hey stupid" and in another post said something like "go until you find a river and drop in".  This is way beyond snarky.

Oh, that's horrible!

One poster created a thread documenting her research and experience when she and her husband stopped smoking using a medication.  She got some amazing support from everyone, except one person.  This person, instead of showing her support, could only point out the side effects of the drug.  This was the same person who pointed out how many calories we eat on Thanksgiving.

Unfortunately, that's her only source of happiness.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.