Frequent Contributor

I'm relatively new here but watching QVC for many years. Why is it someone will post a legit non controversial message and get a nasty response? It is not everyone on here of course but there are a couple posters who are just unnecessarily rude. I don't get it 🤔. Are they just so unhappy they lash out at people for entertainment? Yes I know nobody makes me come here. I'm recently retired and enjoy web surfing. I enjoy the banter and conversations. I just honestly don't get the attitude from some people. 😞

QVC Customer Care
Frequent Contributor

Why is that snarky? It is an honest question. Like why are you being sarcastic? 

Valued Contributor

Just like when dealing with people face-to-face, some people are just jerks for the sake of being one.  There used to be a lot of outright bashing of hosts(esses), vendors, and all kinds of things unrelated to a "beauty board" comment, or a "fashion board" comment, etc. I would not call those comments "snarky", just outright mean and unnecessary.  The monitors are kept quite busy filtering that kind of stuff out these days I guess because I do not see it as much as I used to.  Unfortunately "snarky" comments will always be out there because there are some people (grown adults) who just want to behave like that and they want a reaction from people like you or me. 

Honored Contributor

@MEM22IMO, some people are just negative.  I have worked with several.  There's one here that acts like a frustrated "never made it" first grade bathroom monitor!  Absolutely terrible.

There are many more totally warm, kind, concerned, nurturing people here than you can imagine.  It's a wonderfully talented and giving group. We discuss everything and take care of eachother.  We just ignore the negative.

Hope you'll stay!

Honored Contributor

@MEM22 wrote:

Why is that snarky? It is an honest question. Like why are you being sarcastic? 

That cheap shot about people being unhappy was not an honest question.  And it was a cheap shot.  She claims she hasn't been here long and she's already criticizing other posters.  Sounds like baiting to me. 

Super Contributor

Re: Snarky responses?

[ Edited ]

@MEM22 wrote:

I'm relatively new here but watching QVC for many years. Why is it someone will post a legit non controversial message and get a nasty response? It is not everyone on here of course but there are a couple posters who are just unnecessarily rude. I don't get it 🤔. Are they just so unhappy they lash out at people for entertainment? Yes I know nobody makes me come here. I'm recently retired and enjoy web surfing. I enjoy the banter and conversations. I just honestly don't get the attitude from some people. 😞

@MEM22

Just for the record, I did not find this post sarcastic or snarky.  Some just hide behind the anonimity of the forum.  These are the people who will flip you off on the road, tell us how the shows should be run, how the hosts should dress, talk, how nails should be done, words not to overuse, you name it. what hosts shoud be paired up with vendors, etc. They are just grouches.  The world revolved around them.  They just have not realized that it does not, and their bitterness on the these forums changes nothing on the way the Q operates.  

Trusted Contributor

You should have been here before the boards were actively moderated.  I've learned you have to be very careful about what and how you post or there will be some serious **** to pay.  I don't know why that is.  I also want to add there are some wonderful, postive people on this board that are a delight to converse with. 

Welcome to the forum & congratulations on your retirement!  :-)

Honored Contributor

@terriebear @ECBG

Great points and well said. 

Unfotunately some great people do leave because of the negativity. I wish they would come back.

Honored Contributor