Honored Contributor

Re: Slow Cooker or Multi-Cooker--how to choose

I cook for one and I have two sizes of slow  cookers.  Use them often in colder months.  Don't think I need a pressure cooker since I don't have to be in  a hurry to make dinner even though the flavor is said to be great in a pressure cooker.   One "must" for me is an air fryer.  I  use mine at least 5 nights a week and also many days for lunch.  (Just bought a Cosori air fryer and it cleans up better than the Power XL I had.  Also,  I like the appearance of it better as I have to leave it out on  my counter.)

I like multi cooker. because it's very comfortable.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RossBolden06   I have and use both, but I now tend to use the pressure cooking function on my Instant Pot much more frequently than my slow cooker.

For marathon cooking events, such as Thanksgiving, all "burners" are firing, so all small appliances come into play!

And welcome to the boards, Ross!  Always happy to see a new participant.

aroc3435 

Respected Contributor

I gave up my slow cooker when I bought the Intant Pot. I never used it much in any case. I just got the Instant Pot top that air fry, roast, etc. I love it!!!!!!!!

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Honored Contributor

I already own a pressure cooker, a crock pot and an air fryer.  So spending $200.00 plus on a combined unit is not in the cards for me.  Maybe years from now when they get the price down.

Valued Contributor

I have a 4qt and a 6qt Cooks Essentials pressure cooker.  However, they have a slow cooker function that I use frequently.  I like being able to use one appliance for many things.  Slow cooker works just fine in both units.  I have even canned in the 6 qt. pressure cookers.  Things turned out just fine.