Trusted Contributor

Re: Slow Cooker Purchase, Manuel or Programmable?

@NicksmomESQ ,

I Googled the Corning crockpot and apparently they don't make it anymore!  

Occasional Contributor

I also have Hamilton Beach manuel crockpots.I have a small one and a larger one. They have off, warm, low and high settings. I use them all the time and have never had any problems with them. I would certainly buy them again.

Trusted Contributor

@cologirl ,

Hamilton Beach slow cookers get good reviews.  After all the responses, I think I'll get a HB manual cooker at Wally's and see how it goes.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Personally, the programmable I bought from Crock Pot didn't have "delayed start".  Foods definately have a best time before being over done.

I got a big manual and used a plug in lamp timer so I could get that delayed start.

Foods cook through, and it's safe for them to sit in the crock a few hours without heat.

@ECBG what a good idea!  How come I never thought of that?🤣

Super Contributor

While it's nice to have all the bells and whistles, my crockpots are manual.  With anything electronic, there's more that can go wrong.  I just turn the dial to low or high and keep track of the time.  I've never had a problem.

Honored Contributor

@Northern Belle 2 wrote:

While it's nice to have all the bells and whistles, my crockpots are manual.  With anything electronic, there's more that can go wrong.  I just turn the dial to low or high and keep track of the time.  I've never had a problem.

@Northern Belle 2 

I don't care about bells and whistles, now if I could get a self washing model!!!!!😉😉🙃🙃